Chance of getting into UGA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RXchick124

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I receive an invitation for an interview at UGA in January. Does this increase my chance of getting in or is it b/c I turn in my application early? Also, currently I have a PCAT score of 84, overall GPA of 3.80, and maybe a pre-req of 3.65. Do you think my chance of getting into UGA are high? I would appreciate any input!

Members don't see this ad.

So I receive an invitation for an interview at UGA in January. Does this increase my chance of getting in or is it b/c I turn in my application early? Also, currently I have a PCAT score of 84, overall GPA of 3.80, and maybe a pre-req of 3.65. Do you think my chance of getting into UGA are high? I would appreciate any input!
They work off a point system

they assign points to PCAT, then your overall application+GPA, and then interview. Whoever has the most points gets in...

Your pcat and gpa look good, how was the interview?

Is anyone else going to a UGA interview? The time should be close...

Members don't see this ad :)
I went a few weeks ago. They said they'll contact us after everyone's been interviewed, so in April/May with the decision. :xf:

They work off a point system

they assign points to PCAT, then your overall application+GPA, and then interview. Whoever has the most points gets in...

Your pcat and gpa look good, how was the interview?

The interview was okay. They just ask simple questions, such as why pharm, hobbies, and what are your plans if you don't get in. But I was shocked that they actually asked scenario questions. No one mention that in the interview feedback. But it wasn't too difficult.. I wish you guys good luck!!

The interview was okay. They just ask simple questions, such as why pharm, hobbies, and what are your plans if you don't get in. But I was shocked that they actually asked scenario questions. No one mention that in the interview feedback. But it wasn't too difficult.. I wish you guys good luck!!
oh really, like something you'd see in a retail pharmacy

Hello All,

I graduated with a 3.72 gpa Magna Cum Laude Honors B.S. degree in Biology. I was a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Fellow & had my research funded as an undergrad, which is now published in the Journal of Botany. I have a couple months of retail experience, currently work in biopharmaceutical research & have LORs from a pharmacist, professor, and current supervisor. I made straight A's through O-Chem 2.......the hitch is that I did not do well on the PCAT, mostly because I totally misapplied my time on the chemistry section and that basically sunk my score. I was 64th percentile. Does anyone think that with my background I have a shot with that score? I'm crossing my fingers that I did better on the January PCAT & hoping that this will help my odds. It's so discouraging that I've worked so hard only to be rejected because of a mediocre standardized test score....I haven't received my Jan scores by mail yet, so I'm assuming that the school hasn't either. Should I be worried that I haven't gotten an interview yet? I've been seeing a lot of posts saying that people have already had January interviews :(

Thoughts? Thanks in Advance (I'm on pins & needles awaiting my scores & a possible interview, so I'd appreciate any feedback!)