This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeerHelpsMeStudy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could add Hofstra, Boston University, GW . Also Seton Hall if it opens in 2017. You may want to add a few DO schools if you are unable to travel further for interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
You could add Hofstra, Boston University, GW . Also Seton Hall if it opens in 2017. You may want to add a few DO schools if you are unable to travel further for interviews.
Isn't BU more keen towards instate apps? and doesn't GW get like a trillion apps? Would I be wasting an application on them? My undergrad school only allows you to send composite letters to 15 schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't BU more keen towards instate apps? and doesn't GW get like a trillion apps? Would I be wasting an application on them? My undergrad school only allows you to send composite letters to 15 schools.[/QUOTEg]
BU only gives some instate preference, no more than Tufts. GW receives a lot of applications but many do not submit the secondary and they also interview well over 1,000 applicants. Yale is a much bigger waste of an application.

Where all did you apply last cycle because you will be a reapplicant at those places?

Yale is very likely just a donation at 3.7/32
You can apply to Drexel and GW if you want(particularly if you are a reapplicant at many other schools) but at 15+k apps those are amongst the lowest yield options youll find. And all schools have many not complete the secondary, it's hardly just unique to those schools.
Rest of your list looks fine although whether you are a reapplicant at them or not affects things
Go through MSAR find OOS friendly schools with an MCAT median around 32. Those that get <10k apps should be the ones you target the most. Oakland, Saint Louis etc. that ilk.

I already applied to all of said schools with the exception of Tufts. I withdrew my apps in early September with no rejections (unhappy with MCAT score). Yale was more of a joke, I don't think I'm going to apply there.. I'm also trying to apply to places where I could reasonably drive to an interview. I live in CT, so I think Chicago/FL would be the furthest I was willing to drive for that. What do you think of this list:

(underlined schools mean I would be considered a re-appliant)

-"Safeties"-
NYMC
Albany
GW
Drexel
Quinnipiac

Rosalind Franklin vs. Wright State? <-- appreciate opinion on both schools

-Iffy Range-
UConn
Penn State
Georgetown
UVM
Jefferson
Temple
Virginia Commonwealth

Loyola vs Rush vs Wake Forest? <-- appreciate opinion on these schools. (~800 hours research [2 poster presentations 1st auth no pubs], ~200 hours clinical volunteer, ~1400 hours clinical employed.. continuing clinical volunteer (~12hrs/week) and employment into app cycle and currently looking for clinical research job)

-Reaches-
Tufts
Dartmouth vs. Brown vs. UMiami <--- unsure which to chose.. I am technically a nontrad (23, will be 24 for matriculation but not sure if that is nontrad enough for Dartmouth. I also heard they like "quirky" applicants, and I am very into hiking all around the US and plan to put it on my AMCAS as a EC experience. I like the idea of the rural school where I could easily go kayaking/hiking to wind down (very outdoorsy). However I think I would have a better chance at Brown or UMiami)

You will want to identify some schools in this tier where you are not a reapplicant at. MSAR find schools that are OOS friendly with an MCAT median around 31-32. Those along with UCONN and Quininpac probably are where your odds will best at, particularly when you reapply again right away. 125 CARs is sufficient