MD & DO Chances After SMP/Low uGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I

im2raw

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your biggest obstacle will be passing the screening for schools with a sub 3.0 sGPA. If you can do that, I think youll find a number of MD schools interested(particularly in your state).

Everything else looks solid. If you apply broadly I think youll be fine(assuming that 4.0 SMP GPA is from a legitimate well established SMP not some de facto masters program where you dont take classes with MS1's).

Concur. You have a compelling story, and there are MD schools (and ALL DO) that reward reinvention.

ALL NJ schools should be at the top of your list, plus the Philly Triplets, Albany and NYMC.

Your biggest obstacle will be passing the screening for schools with a sub 3.0 sGPA. If you can do that, I think youll find a number of MD schools interested(particularly in your state).

Everything else looks solid. If you apply broadly I think youll be fine(assuming that 4.0 SMP GPA is from a legitimate well established SMP not some de facto masters program where you dont take classes with MS1's).