MD & DO Chances? Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Uafl112

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying next cycle
MCAT: 28 (might retake) - 9/9/10
CGPA: 3.65 (expected to be 3.75 or above by the time of applying) sGPA: 3.55 (3.6 when applying)

Extra Curricular:
Volunteering

-over 100 hours as a volunteer at Moffitt Cancer Center
-4+ years of volunteering at Project Downtown (homeless advocacy organization)
-100 hours of volunteer work with SJP (Palestinian advocacy organization)
-100 hours of shadowing 3 different doctors (ENT surgeon, Neurologist, and Cardiologist)
Leadership
-Co-founded and currently the Vice President of the USF Special Olympics club - 2 years by the time of applying
-President of the Water for Peace Benefit concert - 1 year by the time of applying
-Marketing Director for USF Center of Student Involvement - 1 year by the time of applying
Research
-
Did Histology work at the Byrd Alzheimer's Institute under Dr. Lee - 1 semester by the time of applying
-Started a clinical research project regarding the effects of cannabis on Lou Gehrig's disease under Dr. Vu -1 year by the time of applying
Recreational
-
I have been doing Brazilian Jiujitsu as a sport since the beginning of my college career - 4 years when I apply

Any other necessary information that I should provide?

Members don't see this ad.

Specifically, do i have a shot at any US MD school? I am a FL resident

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be applying next cycle
MCAT: 28 (might retake) - 9/9/10
CGPA: 3.65 (expected to be 3.75 or above by the time of applying) sGPA: 3.55 (3.6 when applying)

Extra Curricular:
Volunteering

-over 100 hours as a volunteer at Moffitt Cancer Center
-4+ years of volunteering at Project Downtown (homeless advocacy organization)
-100 hours of volunteer work with SJP (Palestinian advocacy organization)
-100 hours of shadowing 3 different doctors (ENT surgeon, Neurologist, and Cardiologist)
Leadership
-Co-founded and currently the Vice President of the USF Special Olympics club - 2 years by the time of applying
-President of the Water for Peace Benefit concert - 1 year by the time of applying
-Marketing Director for USF Center of Student Involvement - 1 year by the time of applying
Research
-
Did Histology work at the Byrd Alzheimer's Institute under Dr. Lee - 1 semester by the time of applying
-Started a clinical research project regarding the effects of cannabis on Lou Gehrig's disease under Dr. Vu -1 year by the time of applying
Recreational
-
I have been doing Brazilian Jiujitsu as a sport since the beginning of my college career - 4 years when I apply

Any other necessary information that I should provide?

If you aren't applying this cycle, retake the MCAT. It is the only thing on your application that is below average for matriculants. Maybe get more clinical experience while you're at it.

Reactions: 1 user