Chances? cGPA: 3.66 sGPA: 3.34 MCAT: 33

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lizzietx615

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, all!

Non-traditional, Texas resident applying to all the Texas schools as well as a broad range of schools outside Texas. Not planning to apply DO this round. Graduating from Columbia University this year with major in history and pre-med concentration. Also graduated from a musical theatre conservatory program before deciding to go the medical route.

Really worried about my sGPA, it is being pulled down by a C I got in bio about six years ago before I decided to go to med school. I retook the course at Columbia and received an A- first semester and A second semester.

Should have solid recommendations from professors, doctors I've observed/worked with, my boss at an internship I did at UNICEF, and the medical director of a camp for seriously ill children that I've worked at for the past four years.

ECs include starting and running a non-profit that brings arts programs to children's hospitals and raises funds for childhood cancer research, Research Assistant in ED at Mt. Sinai, associate editor for Columbia Global Health Journal, Biology TA at Columbia, intern at UNICEF, counselor/talent show coordinator at camp for children with life threatening illnesses, and random things like musical theatre school and mock trial at Columbia.

Would love any feedback and advice you could offer!

Thanks,
Lizzie

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, all!

Non-traditional, Texas resident applying to all the Texas schools as well as a broad range of schools outside Texas. Not planning to apply DO this round. Graduating from Columbia University this year with major in history and pre-med concentration. Also graduated from a musical theatre conservatory program before deciding to go the medical route.

Really worried about my sGPA, it is being pulled down by a C I got in bio about six years ago before I decided to go to med school. I retook the course at Columbia and received an A- first semester and A second semester.

Should have solid recommendations from professors, doctors I've observed/worked with, my boss at an internship I did at UNICEF, and the medical director of a camp for seriously ill children that I've worked at for the past four years.

ECs include starting and running a non-profit that brings arts programs to children's hospitals and raises funds for childhood cancer research, Research Assistant in ED at Mt. Sinai, associate editor for Columbia Global Health Journal, Biology TA at Columbia, intern at UNICEF, counselor/talent show coordinator at camp for children with life threatening illnesses, and random things like musical theatre school and mock trial at Columbia.

Would love any feedback and advice you could offer!

Thanks,
Lizzie
You should get into a TX school!