MD Chances for a transfer student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fr0z3nst111

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was going to a horrible university the first two years of college, where I ended up with a 3.0 GPA. Then I transferred and the next two years I averaged a 3.65 GPA. I have a rock-solid personal statement which I am quite proud of, and got a 31 on the MCATs. What are my chances?

I am interested in medical school for research, not practice. EC wise, in the last two years I founded a company (unrelated to medicine), filed for patents (both medical and non-medical), researched my ideas at a computational bio lab and now founding a research company to expand my projects (biotech related). I don't really need med school, but having medical experience when researching ideas helps.

Members don't see this ad.

"I am interested in medical school for research, not practice"

why not go straight PhD then? :) molecular bio, neuroscience etc.

Reactions: 1 user
I considered it, but I do a lot of biotech research so being able to conduct clinical trials is important. :) AFAIK you need a medical degree for it, but I am going to talk to a counselor about it on Monday for clarification.

Last edited: