Chances for Appalachian ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NontradCA

American Hero
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
In my opinion, I think you have a decent chance as long as you get a good MCAT score in June. I think your negligent driving was long enough ago that adcoms won't count it against you too much as long as you don't hide it and can show that you learned from your mistake.

is the 3.4/3.7 with the retakes factored in or with grade replacement?

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking good; I'd say a MCAT >24 and you shouldn't have any problems getting your acceptance.

Specifically at App schools? I was thinking of not applying to any non east coast schools. Does a decent MCAT give me that option?

Specifically at App schools? I was thinking of not applying to any non east coast schools. Does a decent MCAT give me that option?

Yup, and you served so that is looked at very favorably. Score 25+ (which isn't terribly difficult) and you'll be in great shape for any DO school.

Are MD schools at all an option or is your GPA horrendous when not factoring in retakes?

It's at 3.11, 3.04 for MD and not really moving because I have a lot of credits. I was going to apply to UNC and ECU, thats about it.

Personally I think LMU-DCOM would love you, seriously apply there I think you would be a great fit.

Shoot for a 30 on your MCAT. however as long as you get >24 you are a shoe-in for DO schools in that region. high 20's will get you MD (not sure what your AMCAS gpas are but as long as they are above 3.3 for sci and cum you are probably fine)

best of luck love I have a lot of faith that you are going to have an amazing cycle

Personally I think LMU-DCOM would love you, seriously apply there I think you would be a great fit.

Shoot for a 30 on your MCAT. however as long as you get >24 you are a shoe-in for DO schools in that region. high 20's will get you MD (not sure what your AMCAS gpas are but as long as they are above 3.3 for sci and cum you are probably fine)

best of luck love I have a lot of faith that you are going to have an amazing cycle

I do plan on applying there, and thank you for the vote of confidence :love:

Both VCOMs, LMU, and WVSOM are places you should have a chance at. Aim 27+ on your MCAT and you will be very likely to stay in region.

MCAT will be the tell-tale sign. For now, just worry about giving it your best.

Ok well I was just putting in my courses into AACOMAS and my GPA is 3.45 and 3.72 with 12 retakes. Will this be an issue? I do have an upward trend, this last year has been 70 credits and 3.9 GPA.

Ok well I was just putting in my courses into AACOMAS and my GPA is 3.45 and 3.72 with 12 retakes. Will this be an issue? I do have an upward trend, this last year has been 70 credits and 3.9 GPA.

looks great to me :thumbup:

sounds like you have a pretty dramatic upward trend as well which is good