DO Chances for DO Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AwayFromReality

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Decent, any retakes for poor coursework? Retake any Ds and C's and your GPA will jump up more with As In second attempts.

Members don't see this ad :)
How are your EC's? if they're strong you're good and definitely look at NSU.

OP what is your state of residence? Because depending on your state of residence, you might have a chance for MD. As for DO, I think you have a pretty good shot provided you fit their mission and principles.

OP MD isn't entirely eliminated. FSU is missions oriented, not MCAT/GPA oriented. I know plenty of people who got II's with 27-29 at FSU with pretty good GPA's, as long as you fit their fit. I got into FSU COM with a 3.51/3.35/ 1st attempt MCAT 23 (9/7/7) and 2nd attempt 30 (11/9/10) .They have a truly holistic approach and it is amazing! Don't give up hope!

Reactions: 1 user
Chances fine!

Hey

I wanted to get your opinion on my chances at DO schools. I have 3.47 cGPA, 3.28 sGPA (Both GPAs after grade replacement) and a 29 MCAT (11VR, 9PS, 9BS). This was after the third MCAT retake. First two times got a 24 and 19 respectively. With these stats, I know that MD is eliminated entirely but what do you guys think about DO? I feel like my MCAT should be okay for most DO schools but the GPA might be on the low side. Which DO schools do you guys think I would be competitive for?

As for extra curriculars, A lot of hours of shadowing, a lot of hours of clinical volunteering, decent amount of hours of non clincial volunteering, some research, a year of paid full time work in a clincal lab as a Lab assistant. Not a URM.

Absolutely not. Who do you think we are, Stanford?

Really appreciate your input as a faculty. I feel that 3.28 sGPA might really hurt me since the 2013 DO average sGPA was 3.38. In your opinion, is that something that can hold me back? If so do you know what schools I can target with that sGPA?