MD & DO Chances for late application for DO-2015?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ironale

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm 27, male. Graduating next spring with nothing special - GPA ~3.7science - MCAT will be January 8th (I'm not positive what I'll get on the MCAT since it's so far out, but I expect ~31-34). The rest of my application is solid with plenty of great personal statement material, relevant experience, EC etc...

My original plan was MCAT jan. 8th for a 2015 application and 2016 start. I'm becoming more and more interested in being a DO and attending a DO school, and if I decided this is the route for me -- I would like to try to for a late application submission in Jan. of next year after my MCAT, but not if the chances are so slim. I do not have a wide selection of DO schools I would be interested in either. I'm a Wa state resident so would prefer to go to PNWU, one of the Western's and I believe there is 2-3 more from Nevada/Ca area....possibly Arizona.

So What Are My Chances?

BTW, if I wait, there's a real possibility for admission to University of Washington pending my MCAT is adequate-- and well, there's my resume for residency etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Not worth it in my opinion. You will be past the deadlines for some schools and you will stand a much higher chance if you just apply early next cycle.

What makes you think you will get a 31-34 on the MCAT? What is your cGPA and sGPA?