chances for matching

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bloodystool

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey im a US MD from a mid tier school with red flags and want an honest opinion on match...failed a couple classes in second year had to repeat the year but came back and improved my quartile...came down to step 1 time failed by a point with having taken my first rotation off...had to take the semester off retook step 1 and got a 235. Rotations have been ok with high passes and passes. Took step 2 ck and waiting on the score. thanks for the input

Members don't see this ad.

Have you gotten your Step 2 CK score? How did u do?

Try not to stress, but make sure to apply broadly and to many programs. Go on as many interviews as you possibly can.

I went DO, got 230's step 1, 210's step 2, high-pass and honors on rotations. Never failed anything in med school. Still didn't match. But I only did 9 interviews, which was a mistake, especially with the drop off in performance from step1-step2.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try not to stress, but make sure to apply broadly and to many programs. Go on as many interviews as you possibly can.

I went DO, got 230's step 1, 210's step 2, high-pass and honors on rotations. Never failed anything in med school. Still didn't match. But I only did 9 interviews, which was a mistake, especially with the drop off in performance from step1-step2.

How? Were you applying fm? Were the programs you applied to a mix of safety, competitive, reach???

How? Were you applying fm? Were the programs you applied to a mix of safety, competitive, reach???

I applied FM only. Most programs I interviewed at were probably fairly competitive with the exception of one.

My main piece of advice is just to apply to and interview at as many places as you possibly can. You don't want to end up in SOAP, it worked out extremely well for me; but doesn't for most.

Last edited: