Chances for MD 3.06 MCAT 22

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha not sure why people are saying that I said that I "suddenly got in to Drexel" the next day... I stated that I started the thread to see if people would think I had no chance. After several people posted that I stood 0% chance is when I revealed that I had actually gotten in with those numbers. I got the acceptance in March, not 2 days ago... I don't see how it's confusing so many people. Sure it may be a bit childish for me to do... but hey I'm proud that I got in with such low numbers. I got a lot of motivation from people like most of these posters who think that numbers make the student. I haven't said anything at all that doesn't make sense... I never said it was easy, I only ever said that with low numbers you can still get into medical school with a stellar application and story, and with hard work, patience and careful planning. And then I offered to give advice to people who were in a similar situation... My point was nothing too complex people.

Members don't see this ad.

Haha not sure why people are saying that I said that I "suddenly got in to Drexel" the next day... I stated that I started the thread to see if people would think I had no chance. After several people posted that I stood 0% chance is when I revealed that I had actually gotten in with those numbers. I got the acceptance in March, not 2 days ago... I don't see how it's confusing so many people. Sure it may be a bit childish for me to do... but hey I'm proud that I got in with such low numbers. I got a lot of motivation from people like most of these posters who think that numbers make the student. I haven't said anything at all that doesn't make sense... I never said it was easy, I only ever said that with low numbers you can still get into medical school with a stellar application and story, and with hard work, patience and careful planning. And then I offered to give advice to people who were in a similar situation... My point was nothing too complex people.

k

Actually, I'm starting school at Drexel tomorrow. I got in with those very stats on my first application cycle. 23 years old. I was very worried after years of people telling me I couldn't, and that I should find a new career path. But if you really want it, and really deserve it, it will come through in your essay and application, and your letters of rec, and you'll get an interview and that's your ticket in. Show them who you really are, show them why you deserve to be there and you'll get in. STATS DON'T MATTER PEOPLE, the path you take and your story matters. Don't listen to anything telling you that you can't or that you have no chance-- if I did that I'd just be moping around at home. If anyone needs real advice, you can PM me! Good luck.

Thanks for trolling! Drexel started last week bro.

Actually your point was to troll SDN. Nice try bro.

Members don't see this ad :)
And Drexel does not want you.

lmao this thread is hilarious and REEKS of a troll! Anyways OP your stats are awful, and I seriously doubt you even got an interview from Drexel or any other US allopathic school. I don't think you would get into a single DO school with these stats--medicine is an elite profession and to practice it must be earned. A 3.0 and 22 on MCAT is anything but elite; in fact it is abysmal. Then you have the nerve to talk about how you are gunning for surgery?? LMAO:laugh: With your stats if you somehow did get accepted to Drexel I doubt you will even pass your board or have high enough of a class rank to land a surgery residency since you didn't belong in med school in the first place.

p.s. if med school doesn't work out (which it won't) see below link:

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/careers.html :thumbup:

Thanks for trolling! Drexel started last week bro.

Actually your point was to troll SDN. Nice try bro.

Lol Drexel started today you idiot. Try again. Unless for some dumb reason you're counting orientation as class.

cold-pack.jpg

This thread, though. <3

lmao this thread is hilarious and REEKS of a troll! Anyways OP your stats are awful, and I seriously doubt you even got an interview from Drexel or any other US allopathic school. I don't think you would get into a single DO school with these stats--medicine is an elite profession and to practice it must be earned. A 3.0 and 22 on MCAT is anything but elite; in fact it is abysmal. Then you have the nerve to talk about how you are gunning for surgery?? LMAO:laugh: With your stats if you somehow did get accepted to Drexel I doubt you will even pass your board or have high enough of a class rank to land a surgery residency since you didn't belong in med school in the first place.

Make it through junior year kid, then give advice. You think there's just one board exam or what? You also use this mcdonalds zinger way too often... I hope everyone goes and reads your post about studying too hard :laugh: you study more than 20 hours a week and didn't even get an A in bio? You don't seem fit to judge other peoples' intelligence or make a claim on if something is elite or abysmal...

Make it through junior year kid, then give advice. You think there's just one board exam or what? You also use this mcdonalds zinger way too often... I hope everyone goes and reads your post about studying too hard :laugh: you study more than 20 hours a week and didn't even get an A in bio? You don't seem fit to judge other peoples' intelligence or make a claim on if something is elite or abysmal...

Drexel has a pre-interview computer autoscreen of a 3.2 cGPA/sGPA and a 25 MCAT.

Nope... They have holistic review. No pre-screening... try again.

if youre so deadset in continuing this charade why dont you just post some proof?
silence all the naysayers
youre adamant on defending yourself, so thats really the easiest way

until you do that no one is going to believe your story because your stats literally put you in the bottom 0.1-1% of Drexel's class

so simple, post some proof, pics of the acceptance package, a timestamped photo of you with your username in front of a drexel sign, idk OP

just cut the BS
we all know youre just trolling

if youre so deadset in continuing this charade why dont you just post some proof?
silence all the naysayers
youre adamant on defending yourself, so thats really the easiest way

until you do that no one is going to believe your story because your stats literally put you in the bottom 0.1-1% of Drexel's class

so simple, post some proof, pics of the acceptance package, a timestamped photo of you with your username in front of a drexel sign, idk OP

just cut the BS
we all know youre just trolling

I don't mind naysayers. They help motivate me, plenty of people believe me, I don't need to prove anything to people that just want to bring others down. Who cares that I'm starting dead last stats-wise.. no one else here knows. I'm here with the rest of them, we're all equal, it's a clean slate and I'm gonna end up on top :D.

I don't mind naysayers. They help motivate me, plenty of people believe me, I don't need to prove anything to people that just want to bring others down. Who cares that I'm starting dead last stats-wise.. no one else here knows. I'm here with the rest of them, we're all equal, it's a clean slate and I'm gonna end up on top :D.

so far no one believes you

You should post your acceptance letter to shut up the critics...

Members don't see this ad :)

I can imagine you as an isolated, antisocial reject who's busy trolling on various forums. Go troll somewhere else.

Then you woke up.

Wow. You definitely went there. First off I got an A- in bio I first semester freshman year...and hmm this is the only pre-req that I haven't gotten a solid A in. Bio II, anatomy, intro chem, analytical chem I, and analytical chem II have all been A's. And yeah honestly I probably overstudy, and have been concerned about this. But hey at least I am sitting on a 3.85 GPA with an upward trend, and not here on SDN lying about an MD acceptance. :thumbup:

Hello All,

I want to be an NFL quarterback -- But I have low measurables, 5'8'', 150 pounds, 5.79 40 yd dash. I do not want to be a kicker, or go to the CFL. If I applied to the lower tier teams:

Jaguars
Browns
Raiders
Cardinals

Do I have a chance? I have a compelling life story, and have overcome a lot. What can I do to get into the NFL?

Thanks

-------------------

Lol jk. I'm already on the Jaguars.

I knew when I saw this topic title on the main page that this was going to be good. I had no idea just how good though. 10/10 Thread of the Year.

Actually this OP reminds me of someone who lied that they got into Stanford. They must've had a psychological disorder or something because they were so paranoid about being referred to as a liar that even after rejection, they MOVED up to Palo Alto, CA and sat in on Stanford classes, took pictures and posted them on facebook to try and prove it.

People will pull the most desperate things to not be called out.

Please, PLEASE tell me you have pics or a link or something. I need to see this.

A friend of mine told me about his neighbor or someone whose boyfriend apparently went to Vanderbilt med school. He would leave every morning to go to "class." Turns out, months later, they broke up after she found out he was making the whole thing up. Crazy..

A friend of mine told me about his neighbor or someone whose boyfriend apparently went to Vanderbilt med school. He would leave every morning to go to "class." Turns out, months later, they broke up after she found out he was making the whole thing up. Crazy..

I had a roommate who had been kicked out of our university but for months pretended to go to class and stuff...

eventually he just abandoned us without a word and we got stuck with his rent

theyre out there

What happens when neurotic pre-meds meet rejection and are forced to create an elaborate lie? Tonight on 60 minutes.

Hello All,

I want to be an NFL quarterback -- But I have low measurables, 5'8'', 150 pounds, 5.79 40 yd dash. I do not want to be a kicker, or go to the CFL. If I applied to the lower tier teams:

Jaguars
Browns
Raiders
Cardinals

Do I have a chance? I have a compelling life story, and have overcome a lot. What can I do to get into the NFL?

Thanks

-------------------

Lol jk. I'm already on the Jaguars.

next you should tell us about how wonderful training camp and preseason games are going

op I asked you to show pics days ago and you kept trollin. Either way I emailed Ms. Kennedy, oh you know you might know her as the director of admissions. She said the lowest MCAT they accepted for the 2017 class is a 26. Nice try troll maybe next time. Feel free to email her [email protected] or call her at 215-991-8220.

op I asked you to show pics days ago and you kept trollin. Either way I emailed Ms. Kennedy, oh you know you might know her as the director of admissions. She said the lowest MCAT they accepted for the 2017 class is a 26. Nice try troll maybe next time. Feel free to email her [email protected] or call her at 215-991-8220.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

I greatly enjoyed reading this thread. Especially the NFL reference.

:thumbup: masterful job

well i dont think we'll be seeing Underdog2013 on SDN anymore
at least not until he/she picks up another throwaway account

Next post by underdog2013......screw you guys my neurosurgery residency is going great, I'm already a py-2 and will graduate in sept. ;)

I know Ms. Kennedy... she sent me my acceptance and I sent her a thank you letter. So no need for me to call or email her when I can walk up and talk to her. She probably didn't tell you because I was such an outlier and it isn't a fair representation of the class's stats. Keep investigating!:laugh:

how could u ask about getting accepted one day and then claim to have been accepted the next, sounds fishy to me, and with those scores there is no way your getting in, if u have a low gpa but a stellar mcat , like say a 3.2 and and 33 or above, then id say yes, it is possible, with a compelling life story to do the above mentioned, but you have neither the mcat or gpa to sufficiently satisfy the admissions committee of any DO school let alone an MD school, no matter what your story is, things like this do not happen with such numbers, hard work pays off, as one of the other posters mentioned, believing in yourself is incredibly important, but you must actually put the work in as well, not just go in on blind faith in your ability to impress people, instead of being charismatic, be knowledgeable, charisma is important, a good story is important, but at the end of the day backing up your app with actual knowledge and ability is what matters most.

I know Ms. Kennedy... she sent me my acceptance and I sent her a thank you letter. So no need for me to call or email her when I can walk up and talk to her. She probably didn't tell you because I was such an outlier and it isn't a fair representation of the class's stats. Keep investigating!:laugh:

sad man.... youre just... sad

Why don't you post your acceptance letter so we can all be done with that craaap? You are like a 16-year old girl looking for attention...My Gosh! Can people in med school really be that immature?

Why don't you post your acceptance letter so we can all be done with that craaap? You are like a 16-year old girl looking for attention...My Gosh! Can people in med school really be that immature?

I don't get why people would think I would post anything personal haha.. why would I do this? If you don't believe, then don't, do it your way. I'm just here if people need advice with getting in with low stats.

I wonder if Underdog2013 used a special Drexel facebook group that boosted his chances and helped his letter writers and personal statement?

This thread should be closed because it outlasts its usefulness.

Lol at the fact that you actually went out of your way to do this....

ROFLCOPTER ... You have no idea ...

Dude, OP is totally legit.
Source: I am Drexel University

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.