Chances for MD 3.06 MCAT 22

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow 3500 views! Nice! That many more people know the truth: don't lose hope, you can do it if you try hard enough no matter what your score is! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow 3500 views! Nice! That many more people know the truth: don't lose hope, you can do it if you try hard enough no matter what your score is! Good luck!

The reason your trolling is painfully obvious is because if you really wanted people to "know the truth" and become inspired by your success, you wouldn't have played games and you would have started by providing redacted proof.
Continuing this charade is just sad.
The reality is that non URM applicants with your scores would be lucky to get into a DO school. Could lightning strike and someone take a chance on someone like you without a post bac, etc. maybe, but I'll take my chances on powerball.

The reason your trolling is painfully obvious is because if you really wanted people to "know the truth" and become inspired by your success, you wouldn't have played games and you would have started by providing redacted proof.
Continuing this charade is just sad.
The reality is that non URM applicants with your scores would be lucky to get into a DO school. Could lightning strike and someone take a chance on someone like you without a post bac, etc. maybe, but I'll take my chances on powerball.

Correct. This is what I'm saying, and great analogy. So you heard it from an actual attending physician that you still have a chance with low numbers because for the 4.5 billionish years the earth has been around and for the x-billion years to come, there will be lightning. You just have to keep standing long enough, and get yourself into the best position to get struck. Don't let a little rain scare you!

Members don't see this ad :)
To be clear, and you heard it from a Medical School Professor, I said you'd likely have a better chance buying powerball tickets than applying to allopathic schools with those scores. Spend your money improving your application and retaking the MCAT, then apply. Or buy some good whisky and embrace plan B.

So I don't really post on SDN (well I did once but it's been a long time and I don't even remember my user name), but I just wanted to give my "opinion".
First, even if what you are saying is true, I would like to think it's not.
Why?
I work my arse off to do well in school and study for the MCAT, but in reality, I don't have a good GPA and I'm sure I won't do so well on my MCAT in less than 2 weeks. I have 3.3 and I'll be lucky to score in the high 20's.
To see that someone with your stats get into a medical school solely on your interview, PS, and "extraordinary/life changing" stories doesn't make me feel any better. What's all the hard work I've been doing so far good for? You didn't study as much as I did, you didn't give as much effort as I have, and you didn't care to apply yourself.
I don't have "extraordinary/life changing" stories to make up for my lackluster stats. So should I just give up since my #s are low and I lack good excuses?
No, I'm going to try harder in the next 2 semesters to get myself competitive for a spot in a DO school (which people need to stop think it's inferior compared to MD schools, but that's a subject for another thread I will post when I ask for my chances in the future).
If I score 22 on my mcat, I'm not going to say "Oh, it's ok because I have good excuse to compensate for my low scores."
What you are telling people is, "it's okay to have low stats, just go find an excuse to convince the admission committee."
If you are doing this because you are butt hurt from people's advises on how you wouldn't be competitive with your stats (if those numbers aren't made up in the first place), it's sometime better to receive criticisms than be told constantly you are good at sometime. At least then, you can find out your weakness and try to improve upon it.
This forum is to give advises and help those who are looking for advises from others who have gone through the process or are in similar situations. You are providing no help to others and only making yourself sound more like.... what they say... a *****.
Just because you are behind a computer and can say whatever you want doesn't make it okay to fool around with people. Because those like me come to this forum for real advises from people.
If you got in with those stats, why not be humble and be thankful you did. Stop thinking this place is a playground and go read your textbook. Do you even have time to post anymore?

If you became a med student, congratulations. I envy you. You have no idea how much I would love to get into a medical school. But I am deeply sorry that you aren't yet a person.
Become a real person before you become anything else.

Don't post a picture and don't do what others are telling you to do to prove yourself, because frantically, we don't give a f#c* about you. "Do whatever the FU** you wanna do!" - Hodgetwins

I hope you get a 6mm renal stone one day~

Edit:

Forum rules

2. Be courteous. It goes a long way. :)

7. Use the "Report Bad Post" button to report inappropriate posts. It's located at the bottom left of every post on the site. It immediately alerts the moderators.

9. Harassment and Flame-Wars burn everyone. Again, be courteous. Just ignore those guests that can't discuss topics professionally. Remember, the academic healthcare community is relatively small; don't behave in a manner which might get you into trouble now or in the future.

11. Trolls suck. If you come upon a guest that is clearly trolling, report their post. Trolling is misuse of the SDN site in a fashion which interrupts forum activity and intentionally violates our site policies.

12. TROLLS AND SPAMMERS BEWARE. Trolling and spamming interferes with operation of our nonprofit site. Those who troll or spam are trespassing on our network. We reserve the right to take any and all legal and technical remedies to prevent trolling and spamming of our network.

13. Once you've posted on the site, it's there forever. We do not delete posts except in extreme cases. Even if we can remove a post that you regret posting, they are often permanently cataloged in sites like Google or the Internet Archive.

15. Don't be a poser. Chances are you're not the dean of admissions or a neurosurgeon ... and everyone knows it.

16. Be sure to have fun! The educational process can be frustrating sometimes. We're all in it together and we're here to help each other. So, pull up a chair and enjoy the SDN Forums. :)

What? Cat got your tongue?

Last edited:
So I don't really post on SDN (well I did once but it's been a long time and I don't even remember my user name), but I just wanted to give my "opinion".
Why?
I work my arse off to do well in school and study for the MCAT, but in reality, I don't have a good GPA and I'm sure I won't do so well on my MCAT in less than 2 weeks. I have 3.3 and I'll be lucky to score in the high 20's.
To see that someone with your stats get into a medical school solely on your interview, PS, and "extraordinary/life changing" stories doesn't make me feel any better. What's all the hard work I've been doing so far good for? You didn't study as much as I did, you didn't give as much effort as I have, and you didn't care to apply yourself.
I don't have "extraordinary/life changing" stories to make up for my lackluster stats. So should I just give up since my #s are low and I lack good excuses?
No, I'm going to try harder in the next 2 semesters to get myself competitive for a spot in a DO school (which people need to stop think it's inferior compared to MD schools, but that's a subject for another thread I will post when I ask for my chances in the future).
If I score 22 on my mcat, I'm not going to say "Oh, it's ok because I have good excuse to compensate for my low scores."
What you are telling people is, "it's okay to have low stats, just go find an excuse to convince the admission committee."
If you are doing this because you are butt hurt from people's advises on how you wouldn't be competitive with your stats (if those numbers aren't made up in the first place), it's sometime better to receive criticisms than be told constantly you are good at sometime. At least then, you can find out your weakness and try to improve upon it.
This forum is to give advises and help those who are looking for advises from others who have gone through the process or are in similar situations. You are providing no help to others and only making yourself sound more like.... what they say... a *****.
Just because you are behind a computer and can say whatever you want doesn't make it okay to fool around with people. Because those like me come to this forum for real advises from people.
If you got in with those stats, why not be humble and be thankful you did. Stop thinking this place is a playground and go read your textbook. Do you even have time to post anymore?

If you became a med student, congratulations. I envy you. You have no idea how much I would love to get into a medical school. But I am deeply sorry that you aren't yet a person.

Don't post a picture and don't do what others are telling you to do to prove yourself, because frantically, we don't give a f#c* about you. "Do whatever the FU** you wanna do!" - Hodgetwins

Edit:

Forum rules

7. Use the "Report Bad Post" button to report inappropriate posts. It's located at the bottom left of every post on the site. It immediately alerts the moderators.

9. Harassment and Flame-Wars burn everyone. Again, be courteous. Just ignore those guests that can't discuss topics professionally. Remember, the academic healthcare community is relatively small; don't behave in a manner which might get you into trouble now or in the future.

11. Trolls suck. If you come upon a guest that is clearly trolling, report their post. Trolling is misuse of the SDN site in a fashion which interrupts forum activity and intentionally violates our site policies.

12. TROLLS AND SPAMMERS BEWARE. Trolling and spamming interferes with operation of our nonprofit site. Those who troll or spam are trespassing on our network. We reserve the right to take any and all legal and technical remedies to prevent trolling and spamming of our network.

13. Once you've posted on the site, it's there forever. We do not delete posts except in extreme cases. Even if we can remove a post that you regret posting, they are often permanently cataloged in sites like Google or the Internet Archive.

15. Don't be a poser. Chances are you're not the dean of admissions or a neurosurgeon ... and everyone knows it.

16. Be sure to have fun! The educational process can be frustrating sometimes. We're all in it together and we're here to help each other. So, pull up a chair and enjoy the SDN Forums. :)

Lol

Last edited:
Why?

Edit:

Forum rules

this is so true, working hard is the only fair way to achieve success, or being naturally smart. OP its annoying as **** that you think some "disadvantaged story" allows you to avoid having low stats and not actually putting in the effort to study. I respect people who have overcome adversity, but if a compelling story is the new way to get into med school, then anyone form an impoverished area would get in, and honestly thats bull****, I'm sorry that people have tough lives, but its not fair overlook solid facts about grades and intellect based on an inspiring story, a compelling story should be a supplement to stellar grades, not a substitute.

iWillOneDay,

If you think I got in with just a good PS and story, then I'm not surprised you will do poorly on the MCAT because you cannot read. I guarantee I worked harder than you ever will at anything to get to this point. But I never took anything negative from any idiot out there, I never disrespected people, and I never gave up. All of which you've already done. If you want to give up with an average gpa, if you want to aim for a 20 on the MCAT, if you want to count yourself out this early, then you should not be a doctor and this thread is not for you. This is why I was successful, and why you won't be. But keep trolling ALL OF MY posts instead of studying, see where that gets you! :laugh:

Will the mods just ban this guy already? This is his only post. It's blatantly obvious he just loves watching us go ballistic over his very fabricated story.

iWillOneDay,

If you think I got in with just a good PS and story, then I'm not surprised you will do poorly on the MCAT because you cannot read. I guarantee I worked harder than you ever will at anything to get to this point. But I never took anything negative from any idiot out there, I never disrespected people, and I never gave up. All of which you've already done. If you want to give up with an average gpa, if you want to aim for a 20 on the MCAT, if you want to count yourself out this early, then you should not be a doctor and this thread is not for you. This is why I was successful, and why you won't be. But keep trolling ALL OF MY posts instead of studying, see where that gets you! :laugh:

Okay, its one thing to tell us a made up story of how youre a medical student, and another to bash somebody and say you worked harder than him. the people on this site all work really hard to try and achieve our goals, and for you to say that youve worked harder than somebody else is not right. Especially since if that were true, you wouldnt have gotten a 3.06, and a 22. See how that logic follows? You can continue your sad charade to cover up your embarrassment, but dont go bashing other people who are being honest and open.

also about the whole conversation about powerball and lightning and whatever. Im guessing if somebody were in poverty you would just tell them to play the lotto and in your smug words not to lose hope because they still have a chance? that is bad advice.

Will the mods just ban this guy already? This is his only post. It's blatantly obvious he just loves watching us go ballistic over his very fabricated story.

I agree. this thread just makes me people feel pity and anger towards OP

OP we pity you, we dont get any inspiration from you, or wisdom or anything.
what you get is pity

So inspiring, I'm sorry I doubted you. I feel like I can achieve anything now! Hopkins here I come! :thumbup:

Come on guys, lets kill this thread and spend our time chancing real applicants who actually want advice.

iWillOneDay,

1. If you think I got in with just a good PS and story, then I'm not surprised you will do poorly on the MCAT because you cannot read. I 2. guarantee I worked harder than you ever will at anything to get to this point. But I never took anything negative from any idiot out there, 3. I never disrespected people, and I never gave up. All of which you've already done. If you want to give up with an average gpa, 4. if you want to aim for a 20 on the MCAT, if you want to count yourself out this early, then you should not be a doctor and this thread is not for you. This is why I was successful, and why you won't be. But keep trolling ALL OF MY posts instead of studying, see where that gets you! :laugh:

1. Yes... that's all I got from what you have been saying....

2. Yea.... I don't really have to study if I wanted to sit on my couch to wait for my middle school school bus...

3. Ooohhh he went there...

4. Why can't I aim for a 20? If I somehow manage to get a 23, I would have done better than you... Doesn't that make me a competitive applicant? Wait!! I thought I could get into a med school with 3.06 and 22 on my MCAT!!! Darn, I screwed!!!

You know faking to be a medical student while you are not deserves a ban. Hope you read the policies. :thumbdown:

As is popularly cited on SDN, OP provided a large turd hotdog with crisco as the topping. (I added the crisco for taste purposes)

Status
Not open for further replies.