This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allydagator

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a 4th year student. So, I have had TONS of issues in my second and third year that have compromised my second and third year. Right now, my GPA for the last two years is a 3.5, and I will be taking a 5th year as I hear that many schools look at your best 2 years. Im hoping to raise it to a 3.7 by the end.
I had to deal with depression, death in the family and being kicked out of my house, so i had to balance 2 jobs, especially in third year. At the end of third year, I was able to move back home,and even though its still a hell hole, I managed to get a 4.0 in my fourth year, raising my GPA to a 3.5. Im aiming to get another 4.0 in 5th year. I have founded 3 clubs on campus,and been elected for all three over the span of 4 years, and still is president of 2. I am an active member on campus, been through a ROP and many lab assistant jobs, currently helping in my first year psychology lab. All my profs like me, despite my marks. If I get good references, and good on the mcat this summer (I got a 31 on the last one) ,and apply after my 5th year....do I have a chance? Such things keep me up at night...

Members don't see this ad.

What is your total GPA from all college work? That will matter far more than just your recent 2 years

I am not so sure that is as true in "atypical" stories/paths. But seeing the AMCAS gird breakdown and a chronological bullet point with the issues you dealt with would be so helpful
Im currently at a 2.6 if that means anything....

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not so sure that is as true in "atypical" stories/paths. But seeing the AMCAS gird breakdown and a chronological bullet point with the issues you dealt with would be so helpful
OP doesn't strike me as a non-trad redemption/reinvention type story though, right?
Im currently at a 2.6 if that means anything....
This is the reason I asked. I would think a 2.6 overall GPA is a non-go starter. @gonnif agree?