Chances for medical school? C's In General Chemistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biogirl236

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I assume you're finishing up your freshman year? Don't do it again. Work hard to get A's. Having an upward trend is a good thing. Your chances aren't over yet but if you keep up the trend they will be.

Did you only take 3 courses? And does (retaken) on calc mean you took it first semester, failed it, and retook it and made a C? Because MD schools do not have any grade forgiveness. DO schools, however, do. And, what the hell does a BC in chem 1 mean?

Well I'm just curious about that stuff. Bottom line is: if you continue like this then no, you will be wasting your time trying to get into med school (or likely any other reputable professional schools for that matter). But no, I promise you that a single bad year does not sink anybody (I had one of the lousiest possible and I got in). But you need to turn it around quick.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, honestly you've done pretty poorly so far. Before you start thinking about retaking any course, you definitely need to figure out what went so bad and turn it around. You say you had Bs in chemistry until the final which brought you down, but that's just one thing. You know you need As in the majority of your classes, right? So you were already behind even before the finals. You need to figure out how to make As, you're missing the mark by a long shot right now. I don't think anyone on a message board can help you with that, but I wish you the best of luck.

Reactions: 1 user