Chances for MSTP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starfun21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Even with publications you wouldn't get an interview where I work.
Your MD only chances would be way less than even odds in my state.
There might be someplace where you would get interviewed for MD/PhD. You would have to have some spectacular research promise, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even with publications you wouldn't get an interview where I work.
Your MD only chances would be way less than even odds in my state.
There might be someplace where you would get interviewed for MD/PhD. You would have to have some spectacular research promise, though.

Thanks for the comment. This is due to my MCAT score, right? Other credentials are good and I will have a much better shot if I bring my MCAT score up?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the comment. This is due to my MCAT score, right? Other credentials are good and I will have a much better shot if I bring my MCAT score up?
Since you didn't elaborate on your research, your weakness could be either the MCAT score or the MCAT plus the depth of your understanding and participation in strong research.

Did any of your research get published or did any posters get presented at conferences? Also 30 is below average for matriculated MD students not just MSTP unfortunately but you sound like your definitely competitive for MD. If your definitely set on MSTP then re-taking the MCAT is probably crucial.