About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

Chances for Non-Trad

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by kayak30, Dec 18, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. kayak30

kayak30

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  2. Doctor du

Doctor du

Medical Student
    as which class to re-take do you have a pre- med adviser? they would be the best to ask.
    as for stats:
    I am 32, MCAT 26, no research,GPA 3.38, Sci GPA 3.58 ~250 clinical/shadowing/volunteer hours, applied to only DO, mult interviews, mult acceptances.

Hope this gives you hope!
  3. kayak30

kayak30

Thanks! It's good to see stats, congrats on acceptance. I don't have an advisor, the one I had wasn't helpful, so SDN folks are my advisors :)
  4. Goro

Goro

Non-Student
    Faculty SDN 2+ Year Member
    At this point I say take the CC route, solely on your financial situation alone.

1) Should I re-take Phys 1 & lab at the community college? There is no way I can return to Loyola and pay $3000+ for the classes anymore, I'm a non-trad career changer and I pay cash.

Go for the summer re-take. You need to present the best possible packet.

If I should re-take Phys 1 w/lab should I do it in the spring so I have the grade replacement for DO ready to go during apps, or should I take just the Ochem 2 and study for my April MCAT, and then re-take in the summer? I do work full time.

They do not round up

3) Also, when I list the grades for AACOM/ACOMAS apps do they round the gpa? Would it say 3.37 or 3.4?

Your GPA right now isn't that competetive for MD schools. So, for them, you're going to need a 33> (ie, getting intot he upper 10-15th %ile).

4) What is the minimum MCAT that I need? I plan to do Sn2ed plan.
  5. kayak30

kayak30

Thanks! Ill retake in the summer, but it will be after I apply so is there an option to show its in progress, or do I wait until I finish the retake and simply send in a new transcript?
  6. coolingglasses

coolingglasses tiger forever.

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I think you can show planned courses/MCATs.
  7. kayak30

kayak30

Perfect, thank you so much!