Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Chances for Non-Trad

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by kayak30, 12.18.12.

1. kayak30

kayak30

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Last edited: 03.05.13
  2. Doctor du

Doctor du

Medical Student
    as which class to re-take do you have a pre- med adviser? they would be the best to ask.
    as for stats:
    I am 32, MCAT 26, no research,GPA 3.38, Sci GPA 3.58 ~250 clinical/shadowing/volunteer hours, applied to only DO, mult interviews, mult acceptances.

Hope this gives you hope!
  3. kayak30

kayak30

Thanks! It's good to see stats, congrats on acceptance. I don't have an advisor, the one I had wasn't helpful, so SDN folks are my advisors :)
  4. Goro

Goro

Non-Student
    Faculty SDN 2+ Year Member
    At this point I say take the CC route, solely on your financial situation alone.

1) Should I re-take Phys 1 & lab at the community college? There is no way I can return to Loyola and pay $3000+ for the classes anymore, I'm a non-trad career changer and I pay cash.

Go for the summer re-take. You need to present the best possible packet.

If I should re-take Phys 1 w/lab should I do it in the spring so I have the grade replacement for DO ready to go during apps, or should I take just the Ochem 2 and study for my April MCAT, and then re-take in the summer? I do work full time.

They do not round up

3) Also, when I list the grades for AACOM/ACOMAS apps do they round the gpa? Would it say 3.37 or 3.4?

Your GPA right now isn't that competetive for MD schools. So, for them, you're going to need a 33> (ie, getting intot he upper 10-15th %ile).

4) What is the minimum MCAT that I need? I plan to do Sn2ed plan.
  5. kayak30

kayak30

Thanks! Ill retake in the summer, but it will be after I apply so is there an option to show its in progress, or do I wait until I finish the retake and simply send in a new transcript?
  6. coolingglasses

coolingglasses tiger forever.

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I think you can show planned courses/MCATs.
  7. kayak30

kayak30

Perfect, thank you so much!

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal