Chances for Tx MD or DO? TX resident 3 years. 3.8 sGPA. 3.5 cGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TC9400

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am a Texas resident I have lived in Texas for 3 years. I will be finishing my college in 3 years I am a senior right now so I will be graduating in 2014. I am applying in 2014.
I have a 3.8 sGPA and 3.5 cGPA.
The only thing that I am concerned about is that I did not know for the first two years what I wanted to do and was not sure so I did not have perfect grades. I have had C,D, and one F. Since I had bad grades for first year and half. I was placed on academic probation than suspension for 1 semester. After coming back I have not had any B's all my grades are A's in all upper level classes. I will be taking my MCAT on August 22; I am aiming for 34 or above. I have been studying for it for longer than six months.
Before I was lazy and sever procrastinator; I have changed that.
I am also working about four ED's as a Scribe and have been working for about a year now.
I have started righting my personal statement and will explain why I had academic trouble in detail to each school I apply to.

I would like to know how are my chances if I apply to medical schools in Texas and states near by both MD and DO. Please be honest and if you could please if you think I should do something different than let me know.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read it. :)

Members don't see this ad.

If those are your current numbers, I'd say you have nothing to worry about. Just keep on doing well, and rock the MCAT. Maybe the Ivies or Stanford would sneer at your for being only human, but plenty of other top schools will take you.

Hello,
I am a Texas resident I have lived in Texas for 3 years. I will be finishing my college in 3 years I am a senior right now so I will be graduating in 2014. I am applying in 2014.
I have a 3.8 sGPA and 3.5 cGPA.
The only thing that I am concerned about is that I did not know for the first two years what I wanted to do and was not sure so I did not have perfect grades. I have had C,D, and one F. Since I had bad grades for first year and half. I was placed on academic probation than suspension for 1 semester. After coming back I have not had any B's all my grades are A's in all upper level classes. I will be taking my MCAT on August 22; I am aiming for 34 or above. I have been studying for it for longer than six months.
Before I was lazy and sever procrastinator; I have changed that.
I am also working about four ED's as a Scribe and have been working for about a year now.
I have started righting my personal statement and will explain why I had academic trouble in detail to each school I apply to.

I would like to know how are my chances if I apply to medical schools in Texas and states near by both MD and DO. Please be honest and if you could please if you think I should do something different than let me know.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read it. :)

Thank you very much for the response!!