MD Chances/Help with School List - Vermont Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pb34

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, just got my MCAT score back so I wanted to see what you all thought about my list/chances. I am aiming for MD only at this stage in the game. I realize my scores are all sort of on the lower cusp of MD but I'm hoping if I apply early and broadly I'll have a shot. What do you think?

Vermont Resident
MCAT 1 (May 2014) 09VR, 08PS, 09BS 26
MCAT 2 (January 2015) 11VR, 10PS, 09BS 30
cGPA: 3.56
sGPA: 3.42

2+ years working full time as a technician in an Ophthalmology clinic (consists of screening pts, scribing/following docs/dealing with insurance companies and coding) - certified as a COA - I have also shadowed the docs into surgery
2+ years volunteering 72 hrs a month as an EMT
3 Semesters as a TA
1 year as a resident assistant
7 years singing to raise money for a food shelf
6 years working as a day camp counselor
Business Manager/Member of college a cappella group
Worked as an Intramural Sports Referee during college

zero research experience

Here is my school list:
UVM (state school)
UCONN (Born/raised and went to high school in CT)
Quinnipiac
Loyola
Albany
Drexel
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
NYMC
Hofstra
Temple
Jefferson
Tulane
GWU
Georgetown
Wake Forest
VCU

Thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
UVM is your best chance since UVM matriculates more students than there are Vermont resident applicants each year. Of course not all Vermont residents are admitted but it is a good state to be a resident of. Other schools you could consider are Commonwealth (PA), Oakland Beaumont, Western Michigan and any new private schools that open in 2016.

Thank you for the suggestions/advice! Are there any other schools people think I should remove or add to my list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk