Chances of acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AdubYale

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if I'd have a good chance of being accepted into a medical school with the following credentials, mostly I just want to know if my ecs will be enough with the given gpa and mcat score:

GPA: 3.7
Sgpa: 3.6
Mcat: 30

120 hours shadowing
100 hours clinical volunteering
20 hours non clinical volunteering
Played intramural sport freshman year
4 semesters research
In 3 clubs since second semester sophomore year

These aren't all of my ecs but I want to know if I'd still have a chance with these and areas I can improve.

Thank guys

Members don't see this ad.

Meh MCAT seems low. Depending on what state your from it could be a problem. ADcoms doesn't give a crap about freshman IM sports lol.

Definitely get those hours up on your clinical volunteering. The magic number tends to hover around 150+.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why did you post this? You posted the same thread 2 weeks ago

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/will-i-get-in.1174065/

You didn't have an MCAT in that thread. You said you still have to take it. How do you magically have a new MCAT now?

You have a zero chance now until you take the MCAT. Even if you get a 30 I think close to 50% of applicants with those stats get in.

Chances mediocre at best, but definitely not lethal. ECS very cookie cutter.

Hi I was wondering if I'd have a good chance of being accepted into a medical school with the following credentials, mostly I just want to know if my ecs will be enough with the given gpa and mcat score:

GPA: 3.7
Sgpa: 3.6
Mcat: 30

120 hours shadowing
100 hours clinical volunteering
20 hours non clinical volunteering
Played intramural sport freshman year
4 semesters research
In 3 clubs since second semester sophomore year

These aren't all of my ecs but I want to know if I'd still have a chance with these and areas I can improve.

Thank guys