Chances of DO school??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lamborghiniMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so I have a undergrad cGPA of 3.95 and a sGPA of a 3.93.
I took the MCAT twice 22 in 2011 and 27 in 2012. I really kicked ass in the sciences but it was verbal that held me down. I don't think I should retake since theres no way I can improve in verbal.

Anyway I've done shadowing, volunteered in hospitals, soup kitchens,
clinical research, volunteer in Uganda for sex-slave/runaway children, and now I'm working as physician scribe. I'm a minority so if that helps, idk.

Do you think I have a shot at DO school? My friends got in with a 24 and a 26 to NYCOM and Kirksville. So idk, I heard it's a complete crapshoot. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I took the MCAT twice 22 in 2011 and 27 in 2012. I really kicked ass in the sciences but it was verbal that held me down. I don't think I should retake since theres no way I can improve in verbal.

clinical research, volunteer in Uganda for sex-slave/runaway children, and now I'm working as physician scribe. I'm a minority so if that helps, idk.

Do you think I have a shot at DO school? My friends got in with a 24 and a 26 to NYCOM and Kirksville. So idk, I heard it's a complete crapshoot. Any thoughts?

If your VR is 6+, you will be competitive at almost all DO schools if not all.

Last edited:
You'll def. get in the majority, if not all, DO schools with those stats (with the exception of those who are purely regionally based like UNECOM). You'll be fine!

Members don't see this ad :)
With those GPAs you're fine, even at my school, where we'd avg your scores into a 25. So, quit fussing and start applying!

Dope GPA. Good luck.

If you have a 6-7 in verbal, you're a shoo in for DO. Any lower and you might have issues.