Chances of getting Dean Scholarship at PENN dental?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reefboss

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had my interview at upenn last week. What are the chances of me getting the dean's scholarship at this point in the application process? Anyone can share their experience or knowledge? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

No clue - I interviewed in late Nov. with 4.0+ and 22DAT and was accepted but not offered a deans scholarship. I think they're pretty tough to come by.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got one, I think you either have to be really involved in community service (I've done over2,200 hours of community service) or be very involved in research.

I just had my interview at upenn last week. What are the chances of me getting the dean's scholarship at this point in the application process? Anyone can share their experience or knowledge? thanks

So you just had your interview. Have you been accepted yet?

If you havn't been offered a spot yet, then don't concern yourself about "chances of me getting the dean's scholarship" just yet. I can appreciate you thinking ahead, but you may be jumping the gun. Dealing with a possible rejection will be a tougher pill to swallow.

If you've been accepted, then sure, it make sense to consider the "chances". I know people that were offered the scholarship all the way in the July so I don't think its very easy to predict.

Good Luck.

I got one, I think you either have to be really involved in community service (I've done over2,200 hours of community service) or be very involved in research.
+1. Also received the Dean's Scholarship and from my conversations with the admissions staff, the presence of substantial and genuine research/service seemed to played a big role in their decision.

Reactions: 1 user