Chances of getting in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spectrumeye

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My OAT scores are excellent, all subjects are above average. I have 2 years experience working at an optometry clinic(admin work, pre-test patients etc). I also have extra shadowing hours with about 6 different doctors ( who are all writing reference letters). My main concern is my G.P.A. I performed very poorly in my first two years. However in my last few years, I have improved significantly- getting mostly B+ and A's. My G.P.A is about 2.8, but I still have 6 courses to go and Im doing well so far.

I'm from Canada so Waterloo is my first choice. However, I understand it is highly competitive and my undergraduate marks would not make me competitive so I don't think Ill be getting in.

Do you think I have a chance of getting in the states? Like Salus, NOVA or Houstan?
Also, what can I do to improve my application?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

keep on doing what you're doing already.... you'll be fine

I think you're fine. An increasing GPA trend is excellent, you have tons of experience in the field. You also have letters from OD's. And not to mention a great OAT score. I think you will get in for sure