Chances of getting into TUSPM and NYCPM with Later Submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Doc With No Name

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I have just be wondering what my chances are for TUSPM and NYCPM as those are my preferred schools. AACPMAS has already received my transcript and MCAT scores a couple weeks ago, and i just submitted my full application yesterday. All my rec letters have also been mailed to the schools. It would be a big help if you all could give me your thoughts on what you think my chances might be. Any feedback is much appreciated!

These are my stats: Cumulative GPA: 3.79
BCPM GPA: 3.72

MCAT: Overall: 22
PS: 07
VR: 10
BS: 05

I know schools prefer to have a more balanced set of MCAT scores, but I'm hoping my higher GPA can offset that imbalance.

I also have good shadowing experiences and hospital volunteer work as well as a good amount of community volunteer extracurricular work.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you'll have to explain the 5 on the bio sciences section, but other than that I think you're good to go. You'll definitely get interviews.

I think you'll have to explain the 5 on the bio sciences section, but other than that I think you're good to go. You'll definitely get interviews.

Do you think the 5 on the bio sciences section would be so bad as to jeopardize my chances of getting in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think the 5 on the bio sciences section would be so bad as to jeopardize my chances of getting in?

It certainly won't help you. Like you said, your gpa is your saving grace. I think you'll be fine as long as you have a good explanation for the low score.

It certainly won't help you. Like you said, your gpa is your saving grace. I think you'll be fine as long as you have a good explanation for the low score.

I was getting 7s and 8s in the biological section on all of my practice exams but my actual exam was heavier in orgo than I anticipated. I'm not as good at orgo so that definitely hurt me. Also I guess some of the questions that I was making good educated guesses on during my practice exams just didn't go my way on my actual exam. But it was a bit of a shock to me that I only managed a 5 in the bio section once I got my score.

I'm just curious, in your personal opinion, what do you think would qualify as a good explanation for the 5?

Sorry, it's just that any info and feedback you can give me is really helpful!

I was getting 7s and 8s in the biological section on all of my practice exams but my actual exam was heavier in orgo than I anticipated. I'm not as good at orgo so that definitely hurt me. Also I guess some of the questions that I was making good educated guesses on during my practice exams just didn't go my way on my actual exam. But it was a bit of a shock to me that I only managed a 5 in the bio section once I got my score.

I'm just curious, in your personal opinion, what do you think would qualify as a good explanation for the 5?

Sorry, it's just that any info and feedback you can give me is really helpful!

It's no problem. That said, I can't really come up with an excuse for you. Definitely don't lie to them. Rather, just come up with a good way of telling the truth. Hope that makes sense lol

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly I got into both schools and I had a 23 MCAT and a 3.1GPA. You should be fine