Chances of June spots opening up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Plue00

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently registered for a June 20 spot that's a couple hundred miles away from me.

I checked for closer locations and everything was basically taken except California. Does anyone know the chances of June spots for the east coast to open up? Specifically the Maryland/Virginia area?

Do spots open up everywhere closer to the date?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

yes, keep checking. i was able to get a seat close to home less than two days ago. seriously though, check a few times a day.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be releasing my June date in mid-May. I'm holding it until I receive a certain letter from AAMC. Loc: FL.

is there a way to check for spots without giving up a current seat/getting a refund?

the only options im given are to cancel or reschedule ("Change reservation" button, but im not gonna reschedule if the nearest location is 100 miles away.. I just dont wanna click the button and automatically lose my current seat lol

is there a way to check for spots without giving up a current seat/getting a refund?

the only options im given are to cancel or reschedule ("Change reservation" button, but im not gonna reschedule if the nearest location is 100 miles away.. I just dont wanna click the button and automatically lose my current seat lol

You can click the Reschedule button to view all the options of places without losing your seat. You'll only "lose" your seat once you click on the desired specific seat in the specific location/state and actually pay the change fee. I've been creeping on the locations page for weeks now without any issue!

Reactions: 1 user
They put up a whole bunch of seats for dates all the way through the end of August (8/22 test date). This must have been done recently- like in the last day or so because I have been checking pretty often as well. Now hopefully someone will give up a seat for the 5/22 date!

Lots of spots open up right around the refund dates, as people s*&^ of get off the pot. I would check each day or so.