Chances on getting an interview/accepted to Podiatry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HappyHobPod

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to receive some much appreciated thoughts from anyone who would lend them as to what my chances may look like from some general information: Graduated Dec. 2014 with Bachelors of Science in Biomedical Science 3.48 overall GPA, ~3.1 science GPA (need to rework it but i believe this is what it was), worked part-time (~20-30 hours/week) while in college at a running specialty store, received a full scholarship to run Track and Cross Country for the D-I University throughout my time there. I don't take my MCAT take until September 3rd, but I am fairly certain I will be able to score 505-510 based off my practice test, and better if I just keep up the studying. Currently still working at the running specialty store 40 hours/week where we deal with helping to fit individuals for the correct shoes/orthotic based on individuals needs. We receive many podiatrist and orthopedist recommendations. We also are very integrated into the local community. ~140 hours of shadowing experience. If I somehow scored below average on my MCAT (New Test 500 about equals Old Test 25), how would that affect me do you all think? I'm pretty anxious about this whole thing because I sometimes don't perform so well or freak out on standardized test like these. So again, any thoughts or reassurance (good or bad) would be very helpful! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If you score the equivalent of 25 on your mcat you will be good to get in just about anywhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Just wanted to receive some much appreciated thoughts from anyone who would lend them as to what my chances may look like from some general information: Graduated Dec. 2014 with Bachelors of Science in Biomedical Science 3.48 overall GPA, ~3.1 science GPA (need to rework it but i believe this is what it was), worked part-time (~20-30 hours/week) while in college at a running specialty store, received a full scholarship to run Track and Cross Country for the D-I University throughout my time there. I don't take my MCAT take until September 3rd, but I am fairly certain I will be able to score 505-510 based off my practice test, and better if I just keep up the studying. Currently still working at the running specialty store 40 hours/week where we deal with helping to fit individuals for the correct shoes/orthotic based on individuals needs. We receive many podiatrist and orthopedist recommendations. We also are very integrated into the local community. ~140 hours of shadowing experience. If I somehow scored below average on my MCAT (New Test 500 about equals Old Test 25), how would that affect me do you all think? I'm pretty anxious about this whole thing because I sometimes don't perform so well or freak out on standardized test like these. So again, any thoughts or reassurance (good or bad) would be very helpful! Thank you!
It won't effect you too much. They look at the whole package. Your MCAT score is not the end of the world. Your GPA is good and you have good exposure to the profession. These are all positives when it comes to admissions. You got this. Don't stress it. We've all been there. Good luck to you.

Awesome, then I shouldn't worry too much then! Thank you both for the input.