Chances please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lauryn24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got my MCAT score back and lets just say it wasn't what I hoped it would be. I am looking for some advice on my chances, where you all think I should apply, and any other advice you might have for me for DO school.

I have a cgpa 3.47, scigpa 3.0, MCAT 25 (7 physical science, 9 verbal, 9 biological science). I have been volunteering in a hospital for 4 years, have shadowed a DO, and have several other volunteer experiences.

Thank you so much for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

You're definitely an underdog with the low MCAT and low sGPA. Ever consider retaking?

LUCOM
RVUCOM
WCUCOM
VCOM (All campuses)
KYCOM (If you're from the general area)
CUSOM
ACOM

You're definitely an underdog with the low MCAT and low sGPA. Ever consider retaking?

LUCOM
RVUCOM
WCUCOM
VCOM (All campuses)
KYCOM (If you're from the general area)
CUSOM
ACOM

I am definitely going to retake the MCAT. However, I don't think I will be able to retake it within this application cycle. There is also the question as to whether I should try and squeeze it in before the new MCAT comes out, even if I don't know if I will have enough time to study with my tough course load this semester.