Chances? Really don't know what to expect

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ugatno

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm in the process of applying now and looked at schools stats and just not too sure on what to expect. I go to Georgia have a 3.30 gpa, (my first year and a half killed my gpa, got that fixed, and it has been significantly higher since then). DAT: QR-17 RC-25 GC-18 Bio-19 OC-20 AA-20 PA-19. I have a lot of extracurriculars, I have a ton of hours and extra sciences, and good letters of rec., etc, but just wanted some outside opinions. Applied to: Michigan, Ohio State, Indiana, North Carolina, Meharry, Kentucky, Louisville, Texas A&M Baylor, Georgia Regents, Florida.
Could I at least have some hope??

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, nice RC. It sounds like you're asking about how your stats match up with your target schools. I noticed your list is heavily weighted towards state schools. You should add some privates to give you a better shot at admission this year. You can drop the TX schools, unless you have an ace up your sleeve that you didn't mention. I think you'll have a shot at GRU, as long as you meet their shadowing expectations (200 hours "recommended", supposedly), but I don't predict good odds for your other state school options. If you're an URM then Meharry and Howard are solid options. Your GPA is below the watermark for all the schools we're talking about, except maybe the URM ones (I'd have to check the ADEA guide). Speaking of which, you'd probably be able to figure all this out yourself if you bought it for $10 online. ;)

*I just realized that you already applied to all these schools. I bet Baylor's happy :p