Chances.. (sorry but i have to ask)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halloww

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay took the OAT a couple days ago scored.. not so hot.

QR: 290
RC: 360
BIO: 300
GCHEM: 300
OCHEM: 220
PHYSICS: 300
AA: 300
TS: 280

And my GPA is a 3.2. I'm involved in clubs on campus, shadowed, and worked in an optometry office. I know I should take the OAT again and I plan to, but what are my chances with my current stats? (any school) Also do you think i should wait to submit applications?

I'm kind of freaking out guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you called the admissions offices of the schools you want to apply to?

You should probably submit first, and retake. They always take the higher score and it's better if you already have your app in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay took the OAT a couple days ago scored.. not so hot.

QR: 290
RC: 360
BIO: 300
GCHEM: 300
OCHEM: 220
PHYSICS: 300
AA: 300
TS: 280

And my GPA is a 3.2. I'm involved in clubs on campus, shadowed, and worked in an optometry office. I know I should take the OAT again and I plan to, but what are my chances with my current stats? (any school) Also do you think i should wait to submit applications?

I'm kind of freaking out guys!

Hi i'm in a similar situation to you and was wondering if any of the schools you applied to got back to you with these stats?

Make sure you submit your application and let them know you are going to retake your OAT! The only thing really holding you back is your OCHEM section.

Use Chad's videos for O-Chem. He provides outlines as well as a reaction worksheet. Understand his videos and memorize those reactions and you won't get anything below a 300 on O-Chem. I used his Orgo videos/worksheets and got a 360 on it, and Orgo was my weakest class in undergrad.

My OAT stats are very similar to yours (290 TS 300 AA). As soon as I got home from the testing center I called my first choice and asked them what to do. I was advised to apply anyway and retake ASAP. Even though I am retaking this December, I still got accepted with the original scores (my acceptance is not conditional, btw. I am still going to Nova whether I do better or worse on my second attempt). Go ahead and submit your app and just indicate you are retaking on your optomcas; it is definitely not too late.

You have nothing to lose :)

My OAT stats are very similar to yours (290 TS 300 AA). As soon as I got home from the testing center I called my first choice and asked them what to do. I was advised to apply anyway and retake ASAP. Even though I am retaking this December, I still got accepted with the original scores (my acceptance is not conditional, btw. I am still going to Nova whether I do better or worse on my second attempt). Go ahead and submit your app and just indicate you are retaking on your optomcas; it is definitely not too late.

You have nothing to lose :)

Hi, eyeknow19! My OAT score is similar to yours. What was your GPA?

it depends on how well you pull off the non-academic parts. if you ace the interview and show something...you have a 50-60% chance I would guess.