Chances? Would love the input

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aussiefrzz16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I really need the help. Please let me know what you think.

Attended top 40 school
sGPA 2.98-2.97
cGPA 3.03
MCAT 27P
PS-8 V-9 BS-10

100 hours volunteering at ER
70 shadowing friend-MD
25 hours shadowing POD

Double Major-
Anthropology and Biology

Non-traditional student at 29 with lots of life experience

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there, I really need the help. Please let me know what you think.

Attended top 40 school
sGPA 2.98-2.97
cGPA 3.03
MCAT 27P
PS-8 V-9 BS-10

100 hours volunteering at ER
70 shadowing friend-MD
25 hours shadowing POD

Double Major-
Anthropology and Biology

Non-traditional student at 29 with lots of life experience

I think you're good anywhere you want to go. Have you submitted your application yet?

stats are good. I would build podiatry specific experiences. That's almost as important. shadow a pod for sure

Members don't see this ad :)
stats are good. I would build podiatry specific experiences. That's almost as important. shadow a pod for sure

They already have for 25 hours.. Which is more than enough. Depending on when you apply (now vs like january.) If you apply in january schools with smaller classes will probably waitlist you since they may be full while larger class schools will take you. However apply soon and you probably have a good chance for admission at all schools.

with your MCAT you will get into more than half of the schools.

They already have for 25 hours.. Which is more than enough. Depending on when you apply (now vs like january.) If you apply in january schools with smaller classes will probably waitlist you since they may be full while larger class schools will take you. However apply soon and you probably have a good chance for admission at all schools.

:thumbup::thumbup:

I agree. Your GPA will hold you back a little, but your MCAT should be enough to get you to where you want to go if you apply early.

Also as NikiS says, don't bother wasting your time with more pod stuff - it is unnecessary.

MY BAD!!!! didn't read the whole post :(