Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chief Naket

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to know where I stand in this whole application-admission process. Here's what I'm working with:

returned peace corps volunteer
~2.9 gpa
American Studies major
GPA took a nosedive my senior spring semester as I was applying for peace corps

List of programs (in order):
Nyu
Northwesten
Hunter
Temple
Cleveland State U

Do I stand a chance? I know most programs require at least a 3.0 gpa. Am i aiming too high? Also, I plan on taking the GRE next month. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i think your best bet would be to take a few classes at a 4 yr university and raise that gpa to 3.0.

you seem fine as is right now, though. post bacs in general aren't competitive to get into, save temple. post bacc is a good idea in your case, and i'm glad you're taking those steps. how much of pre med course work have you done?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice. So just enroll at any 4 year college, take those pre reqs, get As on all of them, and you should be set. I think this can be done in 1-2 years, 1 if you really hustle through and take a summer semester

You won't stand a chance until your GPA is above the minimum for the programs you apply to.

I need to know where I stand in this whole application-admission process. Here's what I'm working with:

returned peace corps volunteer
~2.9 gpa
American Studies major
GPA took a nosedive my senior spring semester as I was applying for peace corps

List of programs (in order):
Nyu
Northwesten
Hunter
Temple
Cleveland State U

Do I stand a chance? I know most programs require at least a 3.0 gpa. Am i aiming too high? Also, I plan on taking the GRE next month. Thanks!

I'm in the same situation. I enrolled in a Master's program to show an upward trend but I heard that my Master's GPA won't make up for my low undergrad GPA. Please let me know if you hear of any good programs that will accept people with a 2.8/2.9 GPA.

Thansk- H