Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'mNoSuperman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just got my MCAT percentiles back, which is the final piece of the application.

40-55% PS
76-91% CARS
40-55% BIO
61-76% PSYCH

I know the sciences aren't ideal, but I'm hoping that the rest of my application, will keep those from being red flags. Keep in mind that I am ONLY applying to DO school. (Probably about 17 schools)

Michigan resident

3.73 cumulative GPA and a 3.6 spa

2 year varsity athlete at a division 2 school
80 hours of volunteering in Neurotrauma unit as a fall prevention team member
75 hours of observing an osteopathic physician
80 hours of volunteering at a local soup kitchen
Volunteer flag football coach at an inner city middle school
Member of a few different student clubs/organizations

Research assistant on two separate projects over the course of the past two years. One dealing with a fitness/nutrition lifestyle intervention and one dealing with assessing the health needs of a county in mid-Michigan.

I have stellar letters of recommendation from professors, a physician and my pre-med committee. I'm hoping this will be enough to give me a realistic shot at DO schools. What do you guys think??

Members don't see this ad.

You should be fine for DO schools with your stats and applying to 17 schools. It would help your chances if you apply this month and submit all your secondaries by the end of August.

My application was recently verified and I'm up to my neck in secondary applications.

3.84 non-science
3.7 science

501 MCAT score

Applied to...

MSU, LMU, KC, AZCOM, CCOM, PNW, Oklahoma State, RVUCOM, Marian, PCOM, NYITCOM, Edward Via, Burrell, Western, Ohio U, AT Still

How's the list look?