Change in Decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bm9952045

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone,

I could not find past threads regarding this topic to have my question answered, so I am posting a new thread.

I was fortunate enough to be accepted into a pharmacy school. This school does not require a baccalaureate degree, but requires a set of pre-requisite courses that I must complete. I am approaching the end of the senior semester like many of us are at the moment. I am struggling in one of my major courses(not a pre-requisite). I am trying very hard to pass, but if I were to fail this course, can the school change their decision about me after further review?

- Of course, I will have completed all of my pre-requisite courses(passing) by the deadline.
- After the semester, my GPA will have plummeted to the bottom of the sea. :(
- I have already paid their deposit fees.

I am in a world of uncertainty and your replies will be greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Good afternoon everyone,

I could not find past threads regarding this topic to have my question answered, so I am posting a new thread.

I was fortunate enough to be accepted into a pharmacy school. This school does not require a baccalaureate degree, but requires a set of pre-requisite courses that I must complete. I am approaching the end of the senior semester like many of us are at the moment. I am struggling in one of my major courses(not a pre-requisite). I am trying very hard to pass, but if I were to fail this course, can the school change their decision about me after further review?

- Of course, I will have completed all of my pre-requisite courses(passing) by the deadline.
- After the semester, my GPA will have plummeted to the bottom of the sea. :(
- I have already paid their deposit fees.

I am in a world of uncertainty and your replies will be greatly appreciated :)

Call the school and tell them your situation to see what they want to do. It is their school, their rules. Get the answer from the source first, always.

Regarding the courses, my guess is that you are going to be alright since the course you are failing is not required by the school. Regarding to your GPA after this semester, I am sure if there is any minimum GPA is there for you to maintain (e.g. conditional acceptance upon completion of specific course/prereq and/or maintaining a min GPA). Again, call and ask the school. Sooner or later you have to tell them and they are going to know anyway, so why not asking them now ??

They can revoke the acceptance offer if you fail a class. You should call the school.

I don't know the answer to this question... but logically I do not foresee a school pulling your acceptance because of a low grade in a non-prerequisite course unless that grade forced your overall GPA under the schools standards. If this school required a PCAT and interview, they based your acceptance on more than your GPA alone :) Best of luck! Keep moving forward!!