This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hotlikequeso

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I designated 4 evaluators to write me a letter. One has sent his in already and it is seen as received on 7/11/16 and "completed" processing on the AADSAS website. After reading what he wrote, I decided I would like to choose a different evaluator. However, I do not see the red 'delete' button next to his name anymore.

Am I out of luck?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I designated 4 evaluators to write me a letter. One has sent his in already and it is seen as received on 7/11/16 and "completed" processing on the AADSAS website. After reading what he wrote, I decided I would like to choose a different evaluator. However, I do not see the red 'delete' button next to his name anymore.

Am I out of luck?

Thank you

Yup, what's done is done.

I assume you waived your right to see the letter and he sent it to you separately?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you didn't waive your right to read the letter then it essentially has no weight towards schools anyway.

Why do you want to change it? Is it actually negative or just too general? If it's the latter, I think you're fine because it's a pretty common situation.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Why do you want to change it? Is it actually negative or just too general? If it's the latter, I think you're fine because it's a pretty common situation.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thank you for your words of encouragement!

Last edited:
e-mail aadsas asap.
i had a similar situation as you.

How come they put that option then?
That's a great question. All I know is that schools don't want you reading your letters because then your professors may not be entirely truthful when writing.

You waived your right yet read the letter? Ethical.

ADEA/AADSAS should have the following clarification for lors: "ONLY GOOD LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION WILL BE ACCEPTED."

Reactions: 1 user