Changes since last application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kj8210

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am reapplying this cycle and most of my ECs and stats are the same as last cycle except my gpa went up from a 3.33 to a 3.42. My MCAT is a 26 but I plan on re-taking it in August/September but just applying with the 26 right now to get my application verified and then updating them later with my new MCAT score. Also I found a D.O to shadow and a job as a research assitant for Pepsi Co. but both of the opportunities will only start in July and I plan on submitting my primary application by tomorrow. I feel like everyone on here says not to reapply unless you can improve your application and I think both of these opportunities and my MCAT retake (hopefully) will increase my chances but can I put it on there if I did not start them? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I am reapplying this cycle and most of my ECs and stats are the same as last cycle except my gpa went up from a 3.33 to a 3.42. My MCAT is a 26 but I plan on re-taking it in August/September but just applying with the 26 right now to get my application verified and then updating them later with my new MCAT score. Also I found a D.O to shadow and a job as a research assitant for Pepsi Co. but both of the opportunities will only start in July and I plan on submitting my primary application by tomorrow. I feel like everyone on here says not to reapply unless you can improve your application and I think both of these opportunities and my MCAT retake (hopefully) will increase my chances but can I put it on there if I did not start them? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Did you ever call the schools to see what you needed to work on last cycle? If so and you did improve then def. go for it!

I also think you should wait to shadow the DO before you submit the application. It will look a lot better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you ever call the schools to see what you needed to work on last cycle? If so and you did improve then def. go for it!

I also think you should wait to shadow the DO before you submit the application. It will look a lot better.

Check out this guys ECs.. the non-paid are positions are really good. OP, you should probably PM this guy on what ECs you can add to your app.

What's level 4 In & Out though?

Check out this guys ECs.. the non-paid are positions are really good. OP, you should probably PM this guy on what ECs you can add to your app.

What's level 4 In & Out though?

Hey thanks for the compliment!

At In n Out you start as a level 1 which is basically dining hall work. You don't even touch money and need to show that you can clean well and clean fast.

By level 4 you are running drive thru and also running fries. Fries sucks because it take 5 minutes to cook fries and only 3 minutes to cook the patty so you have to think ahead. They're also a real stickler for not wasting, if you waste too much you get written up.

Idk why I put level 4 when I was level 5. Oh well.

Hey thanks for the compliment!

At In n Out you start as a level 1 which is basically dining hall work. You don't even touch money and need to show that you can clean well and clean fast.

By level 4 you are running drive thru and also running fries. Fries sucks because it take 5 minutes to cook fries at only 3 minutes to cook the patty so you have to be minutes ahead. They're a real stickler for not wasting, if you waste too much you get written up.

Idk why I put level 4 when I was level 5. Oh well.

Please tell me level 5 is when you're allowed to mix the fries and patties in an animal style fashion.

For those of you who don't live in a state civilized enough to have an In & Out

Animal style fries!

animalstyle-in-and-out.jpg

animal_style_fries_in_and_out.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Please tell me level 5 is when you're allowed to mix the fries and patties in an animal style fashion.

For those of you who don't live in a state civilized enough to have an In & Out

animalstyle-in-and-out.jpg

Level 5 is when you create the burgers and sub in for the cook. level 6 is cook. level 7 is shift supervisor minus alot of the admin.

I think level 1 is when you're allowed to do a lot of things, including putting animal fries inside an animal burger (monkey style), also making filled patties and other little secrets we keep away from the customers ;)

I miss working there, but after gaining about 50 lbs...it was for the better!

Level 5 is when you create the burgers and sub in for the cook. level 6 is cook. level 7 is shift supervisor minus alot of the admin.

I think level 1 is when you're allowed to do a lot of things, including putting animal fries inside an animal burger (monkey style), also making filled patties and other little secrets we keep away from the customers ;)

I miss working there, but after gaining about 50 lbs...it was for the better!

Are you being serious?

I have an acceptance to your state school I would trade you for those secrets...

OP, I am sooo sorry for derailing your thread.

Yep! I doubt you'd trade an acceptance for In n Out secrets. But if you help me with my app cycle maybe I can fill you in on some of these things you can order.

Yeah sorry about that OP. If you ever want In n Out as reimbursement for derailing your thread let me know!

Ive seen people get into a DO school with lower stats, so it probably is other stuff in your app that may have been a concern (i.e. letter? lack of ECs?)

Ive seen people get into a DO school with lower stats, so it probably is other stuff in your app that may have been a concern (i.e. letter? lack of ECs?)
he likely did not apply broadly enough. There are many people that apply with lower stats, aim for schools like CCOM, Western, and NSU, and don't get in. Meanwhile, their friends applying to schools like LMU, WCU, or WVSOM make it in. Lesson be warned.

he likely did not apply broadly enough. There are many people that apply with lower stats, aim for schools like CCOM, Western, and NSU, and don't get in. Meanwhile, their friends applying to schools like LMU, WCU, or WVSOM make it in. Lesson be warned.

Yeh I will be SOOOO HAPPY getting in into WVSOM or LMU with a 3.4 (cgpa) ~3.14 (science), MPH (3.9), no MCAT yet....but Ive been telling myself forget the big schools....

Yeh I will be SOOOO HAPPY getting in into WVSOM or LMU with a 3.4 (cgpa) ~3.14 (science), MPH (3.9), no MCAT yet....but Ive been telling myself forget the big schools....
24+ and applying broadly will probably get you in. I saw it this year.

Hey I didnt ask them. Do you think I should call the schools tomorrow and see or is it too late? I received an email from VCOM mentioning to improve my science gpa (3.2ish) but that was followed by a message to apply to their post-bacc so I wasn't sure if they actually looked at my stats or just sent out a mass email to those that didnt get in.

I assumed that my biggest problem was my MCAT and the fact that I didnt apply broadly enough. I only applied to 5-6 schools because I wanted to stay close to NY so I applied to: NYCOM, LECOM, Touro-NY, VCOM, UNECOM, and PCOM. I got an interview at NYCOM but got waitlisted. All the others were rejections.

What are your volunteer hours?

My ECs:
150 hours in a research lab
115 hours shadowing an MD
president of a club on campus called medlife: 70 hours
45 hours as president of a club called Love is Grey ( a support group for people in abusive and interracial relationships)

AZCOM, CCOM, Campbell University, PCOM-Georgia, Liberty University, Marian, NSUCOM, Touro-CA, Pacific Northwest University. Any I should add? Also applying to some MD schools that do not screen since I'm applying with a 26 right now but I really think I can improve my MCAT to a 30+, so I'm going to update schools of the new score once it comes in after I take it in early September.