Check out my new grill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PreDentalGuy29

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeaaaaaa
attach8is.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh: you no likey my new grill?

Members don't see this ad :)
tinman831 said:
5 posts before this thread is locked. ;)

true, true... those daing moderators :laugh:

You kids laugh about this stuff now, but when you get to be a D4, you'll be dying trying to find patients like this for either RPDs or full dentures to complete your graduation requirements!

Patients like this is a "gold mine"!

BTW, not even the grossest thing you'll see in dentistry! As matter of fact, this patient look quite healthy and some great ridge for dentures.

It's true that many of these predents seem to have no idea what dentistry is about. I wonder if they'll freak out when half of their patient pool looks like that. Maybe they should do some more research on the profession before jumping into it. Is that picture funny? Probably...until you have to spend a zillion appointments making RPDs for the guy.

i bet that guy gets all the honeys

Oh hayell naw! :eek: Scary pic.

:eek: Gavin...Gavin didn't close the thread?! Gavin, are you feeling okay today? I'm a little worried. This is so unlike you. :( Who are you? Please bring back the Gavin we know and love. :(

tinman831 said:
5 posts before this thread is locked. ;)

the tinman is one anal person.

5 posts before this thread is closed............. :laugh: :laugh:

get :laugh: a :laugh: life!

Yah-E said:
You kids laugh about this stuff now, but when you get to be a D4, you'll be dying trying to find patients like this for either RPDs or full dentures to complete your graduation requirements!

Patients like this is a "gold mine"!

BTW, not even the grossest thing you'll see in dentistry! As matter of fact, this patient look quite healthy and some great ridge for dentures.

Yah-E, looks like the patient has some leftover root tips in the upper right that need some extracting. Heck, I'll even extract them myself!

ItsGavinC said:
It's true that many of these predents seem to have no idea what dentistry is about. I wonder if they'll freak out when half of their patient pool looks like that. Maybe they should do some more research on the profession before jumping into it. Is that picture funny? Probably...until you have to spend a zillion appointments making RPDs for the guy.

Thats very true.

They need to spend at least two-three weeks in a free clinic to get an idea of how people neglect their teeth.

Its really sad. I have seen several people who look like this guy whether it be due to them being diabetics, prior drug users, current drug users, or just absolutely love MOUNTAIN DEW.

Actually, I have seen people like this guy who are setting in the dental chair holding onto a fresh ice cold Mountain dew waiting to take a swig after they are given some septocaine for an extraction.

Heck Gavin, I bet there is a fair amount of people who got into dental school this year who do not even know what an extraction is. For example, I know one girl who wanted to be a physician and didnt get in so she applied for dental at the last minute and got in. I am sure she will be clueless.

I wish all my patients could open their mouths that wide. It would make treating them a whole lot easier.

Members don't see this ad :)
His mouth kinda reminds me of a hippo's :laugh:

Dental Jedi said:
For example, I know one girl who wanted to be a physician and didnt get in so she applied for dental at the last minute and got in. I am sure she will be clueless.

Haha, do you really think she's gonna survive dental school, much less actually practice dentistry? Puhleaaase. You know dental applicants are not "dummer", it's just a different set of skills is necessary (like hand skills and people skills which 99% of med students absolutely do NOT have : ) Of course you can BS your way into D-school by saying how much you love teeth, but if you actually dont, you cant bs your way through 30 years of practicing dentistry (oh wait...maybe that explains all those dentists suicides : )

coolraz said:
Haha, do you really think she's gonna survive dental school, much less actually practice dentistry? Puhleaaase. You know dental applicants are not "dummer", it's just a different set of skills is necessary (like hand skills and people skills which 99% of med students absolutely do NOT have : ) Of course you can BS your way into D-school by saying how much you love teeth, but if you actually dont, you cant bs your way through 30 years of practicing dentistry (oh wait...maybe that explains all those dentists suicides : )

realistically? Of course she will. No one knows how to practice dentistry when they start right out of undergrad. They teach you how to sit, proper hand movements, etc.

Now will she be happy? Probably so once she realizes that she will work only 35 hours a week.

Man she wont have a hard time at all, they teach you all you need to know in dental.

I do think it sucks that she took someones spot who really wanted it.

Dental Jedi said:
the tinman is one anal person.

5 posts before this thread is closed............. :laugh: :laugh:

get :laugh: a :laugh: life!

woo... we have a feisty one here. most people here would know that most off topic threads would be closed by the moderators, but you're new here so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. thanks for the comments! :p

I'd love to see patients like him. He is young enough to have implants...

A question: Can he get all the missing teeth implanted? or dentures are the way to go?

PreDentalGuy29 said:

So I guess I will speak up on this one. I guess in this white-male/female dominated forum it is okay to make obvious racial jokes and then have them SUPPORTED by the mods, and not closed. Okay so I know what is next..."this isn't racist its just a funny pic and we are discussing possible treatment options" bull $h!t!

The title of this thread (a reference to a "grill" something obviously embraced by the AA community) along with the "Yeaaaaa" a known slang term said in many rap songs supports the idea that this is a racist joke by some ignorant pre dent with whom I will shudder to share a profession with. This deeply concerns me, but I guess this is what minorities will learn to deal with in this field. That still does not make it right.

drdmddds said:
So I guess I will speak up on this one. I guess in this white-male/female dominated forum it is okay to make obvious racial jokes and then have them SUPPORTED by the mods, and not closed. Okay so I know what is next..."this isn't racist its just a funny pic and we are discussing possible treatment options" bull $h!t!

The title of this thread (a reference to a "grill" something obviously embraced by the AA community) along with the "Yeaaaaa" a known slang term said in many rap songs supports the idea that this is a racist joke by some ignorant pre dent with whom I will shudder to share a profession with. This deeply concerns me, but I guess this is what minorities will learn to deal with in this field. That still does not make it right.

um.... i think you've misunderstood this thread. no need to look into this "off-topic" joke so deeply. i really dont think that the OP had the intentions that you've alleged. however, im sorry that you've been offended by someone's attempt to lighten things up a bit. relax a little.

im a minority too

drdmddds said:

Umm.. It's scary that you have no sense of humor and are trying to create something that doesn't exist. BTW, I'm half-minority. :)

blotterspotter said:
Umm.. It's scary that you have no sense of humor and are trying to create something that doesn't exist. BTW, I'm half-minority. :)

Great...everyone has a little "dab" of minority eh? This IS a post intended for humor...HUMOR AT THE EXPENSE OF EXPLOITING ANOTHER RACE, as shown by the title and caption in the original post. I have a great sense of humor...towards things that are appropriate.

drdmddds said:
...I guess in this white-male/female dominated forum it is okay to make obvious racial jokes and then have them SUPPORTED by the mods, and not closed. Okay so I know what is next...

Let's not fall into the trap of broad labels and assigning racial prejudices. It's obvious the person in the picture is of African descent but beyond that I have yet to read a post containing racial slurs, using the image to leverage the white/black binary, or recycling pathetic cultural stereotypes. It's nice that you are applying lessons in deconstructivist thought, semiotics, and cultural identities, but please realize that signs and their interpretation are subjective - such as your critique of other's reactions. Please refrain from assuming my biases as well as my cultural and personal affiliations and rest assurred that me and the other mods will be quick to act on this thread should things take a turn for the worse. To demonstrate my commitment to this statement this topic is now closed - first and final warning.

Sprgrover said:
Let's not fall into the trap of broad labels and assigning racial prejudices. It's obvious the person in the picture is of African descent but beyond that I have yet to read a post containing racial slurs, using the image to leverage the white/black binary, or recycling pathetic cultural stereotypes. It's nice that you are applying lessons in deconstructivist thought, semiotics, and cultural identities, but please realize that signs and their interpretation are subjective - such as your critique of other's reactions. Please refrain from assuming my biases as well as my cultural and personal affiliations and rest assurred that me and the other mods will be quick to act on this thread should things take a turn for the worse. To demonstrate my commitment to this statement this topic is now closed - first and final warning.

And it is nice that you took the time out to dance all around the issue. I realize that everything in society is subject to interpretation, however the fact that the OP gave his post a title that references AA and used a caption that is found in many AA rap songs points to the idea that it is a RACIST JOKE 2+2=4 unless you are living in the matrix. Also the idea that the mods were going to allow this post to continue when it obviously has racial undertones is the same look away attitude that has allowed racism to continue to thrive in our society.

Status
Not open for further replies.