checklist to ensure NRMP stuff is complete to match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

playingfrombehind

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
was wondering if anyone had a checklist to ensure everything is good so that you will be elligible for the match when rank list deadline passes? It would be a MAJOR BUMMER if I missed something stupid and ended up not matching.

For me I checked

1) applicant status - certified [x]
2) fee status - paid [x]
3) verification status - verified [x]

Anything else to add?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
was wondering if anyone had a checklist to ensure everything is good so that you will be elligible for the match when rank list deadline passes? It would be a MAJOR BUMMER if I missed something stupid and ended up not matching.

For me I checked

1) applicant status - verified [x]
2) fee status - paid [x]
3) verification status - verified [x]
-I believe verification status relates to whether or not your ROL is certified.

Anything else to add?
verification relates to whether your school official indicated that you are eligible to graduate before intern year starts

verification relates to whether your school official indicated that you are eligible to graduate before intern year starts
thanks corrected, my bad
-applicant status refers to your ROL since when you are changing your rank list it changes from "certified" to "ranking". Only becomes "certified" when you certify your ROL.

The only other thing I can think of is, make sure you've hit the button to submit all your USMLE scores. As discussed on here, some places won't rank you until you have them all in. Oddly, my advisor just specifically told me NOT to email programs about recently-obtained scores, but that clicking the button would do the trick.

Make sure you have all of your numbers right. AAMC ID needs to be accurate on both the ERAS and NRMP websites for things to link up properly. Also make sure you add your NRMP ID to your ERAS - it's easy to overlook that one if you register/pay for NRMP after you've already submitted your app.

Reactions: 1 user
Does verification status still show not verified for anyone else? How do I make sure my school doesn't drop the ball on this lol