Program-Specific Info / Q's Chicago state univerity ot 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wuzy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to Chicago State University for OT 2015 and hear back from them?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Wuzy,

I had my interview on March 12 but since then I did not hear anything.

How did you get invited to the interview? Did they email, mail, or call you ? When did you apply?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Wuzy,

I had my interview on March 12 but since then I did not hear anything.

How did you get invited to the interview? Did they email, mail, or call you ? When did you apply?

Hi,

Hi,
They called me and also sent me a letter. Last Friday I spoke to my advisor from CSU and she said me they still interviewing students.

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on what to expect in the CSU OT interview? I have an interview on friday, and I am really nervous! Any advice would be appreciated! specifically interview questions that were either hard or unexpected.
Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on what to expect in the CSU OT interview? I have an interview on Friday, and I am really nervous! Any advice would be appreciated! specifically interview questions that were either hard or unexpected.
Thanks in advance!

Hi CSU92,
The interview is super relax, just be yourself. they asked me questions about myself , job ,goals, etc. I had my interview on March 12 but since then I did not hear from them anymore. Well, Good luck on Friday and tell me how was the interview !!

Thank you so much! I'll let you know how it goes. I also talked to one of the professors and she said that they will be making final decisions in May. So hopefully you will hear back in just a couple of weeks!

Thank you so much! I'll let you know how it goes. I also talked to one of the professors and she said that they will be making final decisions in May. So hopefully you will hear back in just a couple of weeks!
Thanks . Did you apply for combined or MOT? I am combined I am taking classes this spring Intro to Health Prof, Health Care Ethics, Abnormal Psy, Research 2700 Psy. I need take Zoo and Service learning but for me register to Zoo I need to be accepted in the program and Zoo starts on May 26!

No, I didn't apply for combined MOT. I already have my bachelors degree so I applied to the regular MOT program. However, that's awesome that you applied to the combined program, I wish I would have done that. Was your interview in a group or individual? and how many professors interviewed you?

oh and how long was your interview, roughly?

Hi,

Hi,
They called me and also sent me a letter. Last Friday I spoke to my advisor from CSU and she said me they still interviewing students.

Thanks for letting me know. I applied back in November and I still didnt hear anything. I am nervous that they already looked at my file and I didnt get in. ....

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on what to expect in the CSU OT interview? I have an interview on friday, and I am really nervous! Any advice would be appreciated! specifically interview questions that were either hard or unexpected.
Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I was wondering when did you apply to the program ? I still didnt hear anything back. I applied for MOT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I was wondering when did you apply to the program ? I still didnt hear anything back. I applied for MOT.
Hi,
I applied in January (middle of January). I got a call yesterday saying they needed my updated transcript from last semester, and about 2 hours after I emailed it, they called me for an interview. I would honestly just give them a call! or email them! Just tell them that you are still interested in their program and were wondering the status of your application.
Good luck!

Hi,
I applied in January (middle of January). I got a call yesterday saying they needed my updated transcript from last semester, and about 2 hours after I emailed it, they called me for an interview. I would honestly just give them a call! or email them! Just tell them that you are still interested in their program and were wondering the status of your application.
Good luck!

Thanks for the info! I feel like they never answered calls or emails when I tried to reach them before! Good luck on your interview!

oh and how long was your interview, roughly?
Hi, the interview lasted almost 2 hours and will last more but I started getting nervous and looking the clock because I had Midterm exam at 11 a.m and was 10:48 am and they were still talking to me. Lol. Were 2 ladies did interview me, they were really very sweet and nice and just told me for be myself.

Thanks for the info! I feel like they never answered calls or emails when I tried to reach them before! Good luck on your interview!
Hi Wuzy,
Just call again and ask the secretary she knows everything there and just remember they are still calling for interviews.

Hi Wuzy,
Just call again and ask the secretary she knows everything there and just remember they are still calling for interviews.
Did you attend Chicago State for your undergrad?

Did you attend Chicago State for your undergrad?
I am there working towards my undergrad. I applied to combined Bachelor/Mot and you? What's your overall GPA? I am still taking pre-requisites.This semester I am taking 5 classes. I am so scary because I had 2 C from Moraine Valley and my GPA dropped to 3.36 but I will see in the end this semester when add my grades.

I am there working towards my undergrad. I applied to combined Bachelor/Mot and you? What's your overall GPA? I am still taking pre-requisites.This semester I am taking 5 classes. I am so scary because I had 2 C from Moraine Valley and my GPA dropped to 3.36 but I will see in the end this semester when add my grades.

I already have my BA from UIC. My gpa is 3.7 but I am still finishing my anatomy pre req at COD. Also, I have some work and volunteer experience. I thought my application would be strong enough.

I already have my BA from UIC. My gpa is 3.7 but I am still finishing my anatomy pre req at COD. Also, I have some work and volunteer experience. I thought my application would be strong enough.[/QU

I am sure they will call you keep positive since this semester they had double applicants than last year and as I said before they are still calling dor interview .

I already have my BA from UIC. My gpa is 3.7 but I am still finishing my anatomy pre req at COD. Also, I have some work and volunteer experience. I thought my application would be strong enough.
Your application is strong. I go to CSU. You'll be fine.

Thanks! But they sent me a letter that I had too many outstanding prereqs. When I applied I had four and i would be done with all of them in the summer, I guess I applied too early!

Thanks! But they sent me a letter that I had too many outstanding prereqs. When I applied I had four and i would be done with all of them in the summer, I guess I applied too early!
Hi Wuzy,

Just an upgrade I got accepted !!!!!

hi Mot4me, congrats..
when did you get it?, and did you apple for mot or dual degree...i applied for mot and still waiting....

my gpa is 3.6 and science gpa is 3.9, n m nervous...my interview was alright

Hi!

I got in to the program. Just heard back from Concordia so I'm not sure where I'll be going for sure yet

Hi!

I got in to the program. Just heard back from Concordia so I'm not sure where I'll be going for sure yet
Did you apply to Concordia's blended program?