Chicago State University c/o 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys I have an interview on Friday the 22, just curious as to what I can expect and how many other applicants will be there. Btw, does anyone know how many interviews they give out a year? I know they only accept 90 people.

Not exactly sure as to how many invites they give out a year. I had my interview on 26 January and there was about 30-40 other applicants there. I was accepted on 06 Feb 2013 (a little bit over a week later). It is basically an intro from the dean, a written essay, tour of the campus, going over your files to make sure that you are on track in completing your prereqs, and an interview with a faculty member and a current pharmacy student.

Members don't see this ad.

Not exactly sure as to how many invites they give out a year. I had my interview on 26 January and there was about 30-40 other applicants there. I was accepted on 06 Feb 2013 (a little bit over a week later). It is basically an intro from the dean, a written essay, tour of the campus, going over your files to make sure that you are on track in completing your prereqs, and an interview with a faculty member and a current pharmacy student.

I'm flying in from California interview on Friday. What was the essay topic about and how long did it have to be? What type of questions do they ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm flying in from California interview on Friday. What was the essay topic about and how long did it have to be? What type of questions do they ask?

I completely forgot what the essay was about, so I apologize. Go to the pharmacy interview feedback page and click on Chicago State. They give great examples on the questions that were asked. It helped me out a lot, because I was able to anticipate some of the questions and I had already had in mind what I wanted to talk about.

I completely forgot what the essay was about, so I apologize. Go to the pharmacy interview feedback page and click on Chicago State. They give great examples on the questions that were asked. It helped me out a lot, because I was able to anticipate some of the questions and I had already had in mind what I wanted to talk about.
Yes, I have taken a look at that. I'm sure it will be helpful! Thanks so much for your quick reply!

I sent CSU a personal check of my deposit and it was suppose to be a money order. There is a snow storm here in Kansas City right now, so I have to make sure to overnight my money order tomorrow to arrive on Monday. I feel stupid, because I was not paying attention.

Anyone hear back from the interviews on 2/22/13?

Hello eveybody,
I have an interview in two weeks at CSU COP. I am kind of nervous about the essay portion of the interview. I am not proficient in writing because I just recently moved to US. I was wondering how long is the essay, who reads it, and how much time do they give to write an essay? I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Pre-PharmD Student :)

Hello eveybody,
I have an interview in two weeks at CSU COP. I am kind of nervous about the essay portion of the interview. I am not proficient in writing because I just recently moved to US. I was wondering how long is the essay, who reads it, and how much time do they give to write an essay? I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Pre-PharmD Student :)

I think they give about 10 or 15 minutes for the essay. They give you a sheet that has a front and back to give you space to write the essay. Not a hard essay, so I would not stress over it.

if you guys are looking for a place to live, i have a furnished room available on july. please private message to me if interested.

to out of state people who got accepted to CSU, i ll advise you to find a place by July in order to be qualified for out of state resident by spring semester. you ll become in-state resident after 6 months residing in Chicago. so spring semester starts on January. you ll save about $5200 a semester of tuition. =)

still no word from the 2/22 interview! anyone know how long it usually takes?

Members don't see this ad :)
still no word from the 2/22 interview! anyone know how long it usually takes?

It took about 8 or 9 days after my interview in January to hear that I was accepted.

if you guys are looking for a place to live, i have a furnished room available on july. please private message to me if interested.

to out of state people who got accepted to CSU, i ll advise you to find a place by July in order to be qualified for out of state resident by spring semester. you ll become in-state resident after 6 months residing in Chicago. so spring semester starts on January. you ll save about $5200 a semester of tuition. =)

Do you know if the dorms on campus are separated for pharmacy students? Also, if applying for residential housing on campus, do we automatically get a single room? Looking at my options if I do go here and I probably will not bring my husband and my son to Chicago, so I am looking into moving in the dorms.

I was recently admitted for CSU's 2017 SOP and was wondering if anyone was already interested for plans in housing. PM me if anyone is interested in arranging something and hopefully we can trade details.

Does anyone have recommendations on where to live? I want close to school, good neighborhood, pet friendly, less then $1000 a month.

I was recently admitted for CSU's 2017 SOP and was wondering if anyone was already interested for plans in housing. PM me if anyone is interested in arranging something and hopefully we can trade details.
Can I ask when you heard that you were accepted? Some of us are still waiting to hear back. Thanks!

Does anyone have recommendations on where to live? I want close to school, good neighborhood, pet friendly, less then $1000 a month.
Just curious...when did you find out you got accepted?

I've interview next week on March 22nd, so I wanted to know that what kind of questions do they ask on interview? Are there a lot of situational questions? Approximately, how many question would i expect from them?

I've interview next week on March 22nd, so I wanted to know that what kind of questions do they ask on interview? Are there a lot of situational questions? Approximately, how many question would i expect from them?

Just look at interview feedback page. All is on there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

I am also interviewing on March 22. Have you made hotel reservations anywhere? Tips nowhere to stay? Anyone maybe want to share a hotel room?

Good luck everyone!

Do you know if the dorms on campus are separated for pharmacy students? Also, if applying for residential housing on campus, do we automatically get a single room? Looking at my options if I do go here and I probably will not bring my husband and my son to Chicago, so I am looking into moving in the dorms.

Yes there is separate hallway for pharmacy students from undergrads.
Most of my classmates got single rooms but costly.
But be beware dorms are not qualified for in state residency. One of my classmates got denied cuz she lives in dorm.

I am also interviewing on March 22. Have you made hotel reservations anywhere? Tips nowhere to stay? Anyone maybe want to share a hotel room?

Good luck everyone!

I live in Michigan so driving to chicago! Hope to see you there! How did you prepare for your interview? Are you ready for it?

I live in Michigan so driving to chicago! Hope to see you there! How did you prepare for your interview? Are you ready for it?

I interviewed at the University of Minnesota last Friday and I will be interviewing at Campbell in North Carolina on Thursday... So those help with getting some interview experience before CSU. Interviews always make me nervous so I am sure I will never feel 100% ready.

I am getting so anxious will these interviews that I just want to KNOW if I get in somewhere :)

Are you driving straight back to Michigan?
See you there!!!

I interviewed at the University of Minnesota last Friday and I will be interviewing at Campbell in North Carolina on Thursday... So those help with getting some interview experience before CSU. Interviews always make me nervous so I am sure I will never feel 100% ready.

I am getting so anxious will these interviews that I just want to KNOW if I get in somewhere :)

Are you driving straight back to Michigan?
See you there!!!

Ya, I'm driving back to Michigan afterwards, btw what's your name?
I'm Ruchita. I also get nervous on the interviews even though I've already done 2 of them.

But be beware dorms are not qualified for in state residency. One of my classmates got denied cuz she lives in dorm.

Thank you for the update. I am still waiting to hear from 2 other schools, so I still have some deciding to do once I know my fate.

Has anyone received their matriculation packet yet?

I'm new to sdn. I interviewed on 3/22 and received my acceptance email on 4/2. ongrats everyone!
I'm also a native Chicagoan, so I can help answer any housing questions.
/suggestions.

My interview was way back in late November of 2012 though...

I woke up this morning and go an email stating I have an interview on the 12th...are there open seats or is this for the wait list....SN: ironically I just got back from Chicago for an interview with a diff school...lol

Jkole416, so you said, dorms are only offered for out of state students? And how costly is single room.

Jkole416, so you said, dorms are only offered for out of state students? And how costly is single room.

Wondering the same thing, as I am very interested in getting a single room. I also wanted to know when the application will be up for 2013-2014 housing. CSU has already determined my financial aid (though it is looking like as if I am getting my masters degree verses PharmD), but I read somewhere that it will be updated. They have me as an in-state resident (because I graduated high school in Illinois before I left for the military), which is a good thing. I will definitely have to change the fact that I plan on staying on campus verses off campus like they have me in the system now.

Wondering the same thing, as I am very interested in getting a single room. I also wanted to know when the application will be up for 2013-2014 housing. CSU has already determined my financial aid (though it is looking like as if I am getting my masters degree verses PharmD), but I read somewhere that it will be updated. They have me as an in-state resident (because I graduated high school in Illinois before I left for the military), which is a good thing. I will definitely have to change the fact that I plan on staying on campus verses off campus like they have me in the system now.

How much did they quote you for instate- student tuition?

How much did they quote you for instate- student tuition?

They have it in the system wrong (getting a master's degree). I know that this will be changed later. I believe right now, it is a little over $12,000, which I know is wrong.

I'm new to sdn. I interviewed on 3/22 and received my acceptance email on 4/2. ongrats everyone!
I'm also a native Chicagoan, so I can help answer any housing questions.
/suggestions.

would you mind sharing your stats?