Child Neurology Match 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buff4med

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread for Child Neurology applications for 2015!

It would be great if we could share interview opportunities/experiences/any advise. Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to everyone! How many future Child Neurologist are around on SDN these days?

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully there are quite a few of us! Anyone heard back about any invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got one at Cincinnati - waiting to hear from all the rest. Heard some people got Nationwide invites

michigan 9/23
louisville 9/23
loma linda 9/16

Thought I would share interviews invites. The dates are the day I was invited. If others want to share that would be great then we could now where programs are in their process! Congrats to everyone!

DC
Children's National (9/26)

Georgia
Emory (10/2)

Illinois
Northwestern (9/22)

Missouri
Wash U (9/24)
KC mercy (9/23)

New York
NYU (9/29)

North Carolina
Duke (10/2)

Ohio
Nationwide (9/26)

Oregon
OHSU (9/30)

Pennsylvania
St. Chirs (9/22)

South Carolina
MUSC (9/30)

Texas
UT southwestern (9/26)

Hey everyone! Just wondering, has anyone heard from CHOP, colorado, UCSF, or Baylor?

My husband was invited to interview at:
( sorry I could not keep track of dates)

Baylor
Mass Gen
John Hopkins
Mayo- Rochester
Emory
Children's national
Stanford
Cleveland Clinic
Cincinnati
University of Rochester
U of Michigan
University of Chicago
Washington U
U ofFlorida Gainesville
U of Tennessee
UT Houston
U of Wisconsin - Madison ( peds only)

Pittsburgh emailed him to ask for a follow up statement but he hasn't heard anything back since.

University of Michigan
Louisville University
University of Chicago
Nationwide Children's Hospital
Washington University at St. Louis
St. Louis University
UCLA
Children's Hospital of Orange County
Loma Linda University
Medical College of Wisconsin
University of Pittsburgh

Heard from
SLU and U of Chicago 10/3
Stanford, Phoenix, and Boston University 10/8

Also was asked to write additional info for UMPC, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Good luck, all! Excited to see so many of you interested in Child Neurology. I am currently one of the child neurology residents at a program in NYC. Happy to answer questions about the interview process, and the training itself.

Thought I would start a thread for Child Neurology applications for 2015!

It would be great if we could share interview opportunities/experiences/any advise. Good luck to everyone applying!
hey..so im an img from india.im currently taking the usmle steps.looking at the 2016/2017 match.my step 1 score isnt very good.not what i was expecting.im interested in neurology,adult or child. i wanted to know how competitve child neurology is? what are the cut of scores?..i know alot about adult neurology but dont know that many people who are interested in child neurology so i thought if you could help me out coz im looking at both options. also what would you suggest i should do, to boost up my application,besides doing well on step 2?..apprecaite the help. thanks.

Hey guys - for those of us who may decide to come to Child Neurology a bit late - is there a listing of programs that offer advanced positions for people who have finished pediatric residencies? I know there aren't very many of them - so I assume they are extremely competitive?

MEN2C-
I am on that boat right now. Have a look at http://www.childneurologysociety.org/careers/getting-in/training-programs which is the CNS website's section on training programs. very up-to-date annually. The programs with "reserved for physician" spots basically have the fellowship option, and you can see how many (or how few) spots are available.

Not sure how competitive they are/aren't. I got 9/9 interviews fwiw.

Good luck to everyone making their Rank List! Anyone have any last minute words of advice or thoughts on programs?

Hi,

I am a third year, looking for advice. I am interested in applying in Child Neurology, to 5 year combined programs. I need some advice about how competitive I am (which programs are realistic to me), and how I should structure my 4th year (should I do sub-Is? when?)
-step 1: 269
-honors in pediatrics and neurology clerkships
-no research experience

thanks so much!

You're going to be very competative with a Step 1 of 269 and honors in those clerkships. Do a Child Neurology rotation at the beginning of your 4th year and get some good letters of recommendation. If you're at a U.S. school, all programs should be available to you, and likely you'll have the pick of where you want to go! Great job getting to this point and aim high!

Can anyone comment on whether a significant number of applicants apply to both child neurology and general peds, due to there being few child neuro spots?