Child Psychiatry Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RyanS32122

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Anyone here know about or go through the process of being a NHSC Scholar and fast-tracking into child psychiatry as a PGY3? I am a PGY3 now, interviewing at Child programs, and don't really know the process via NHSC to accept a position and there is little information I can find on the website and NHSC "Analysts" have not known anything about this either.

Any input would be awesome.

Thanks all,

Ryan

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,
Anyone here know about or go through the process of being a NHSC Scholar and fast-tracking into child psychiatry as a PGY3? I am a PGY3 now, interviewing at Child programs, and don't really know the process via NHSC to accept a position and there is little information I can find on the website and NHSC "Analysts" have not known anything about this either.

Any input would be awesome.

Thanks all,

Ryan

The NHSC analysts are not going to know anything about it. Anything outside of the "norm" throws them for a loop.

All they care about, and all they really need to know, is when you are going to be ready to start your service payback. Just tell them that you are planning on doing a fellowship, you will be completing a 5 year residency, and that you need a voucher for the fellowship.

And, as always, keep a paper trail.

Hope this helps.