Children's Hospital Oakland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twilburys

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice about places to stay before the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I rented a car and stayed in a town a few exits away on the freeway cuz it was much cheaper than actually staying in Oakland. I forget what it was called, but traffic to the interview in the morning was way worse than I expected. Luckily, I had planned for a Starbucks break, so I had a few extra minutes to spare and they provided coffee at the interview, so I got my fix too.
I'd try to stay somewhere close enough that you don't have to drive very far. However, it's located in the intersection between the sketchy side of Oakland and the not as sketchy side of Oakland, so be careful what side you decide to stay at.

However, it's located in the intersection between the sketchy side of Oakland and the not as sketchy side of Oakland, so be careful what side you decide to stay at.

That's why I started this thread. I'm not at a West Coast school, and don't know anyone else who applied to CHO so I don't really have people here that I can ask for advice.

If anyone who has interviewed there (or will be interviewing there) can give me the name of a relatively close, safe hotel I would really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone who has interviewed there (or will be interviewing there) can give me the name of a relatively close, safe hotel I would really appreciate it.

I went with Priceline last year, got the Hilton Oakland Airport and was really happy with the place. I forget how far away it is from the actual hospital (don't remember it being too far), but I know I pricelined it for like $60 which was a nice surprise. Not sure how much money it runs if you book it normally. All I can tell you is that it felt like a safe area and it was a nice place.

Thanks Jendizzle!

You got a really good rate...$135 is the cheapest I can find for that Hilton. I think I'll take a look at Priceline.