Chiropractic??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had a pinched nerve in my cervical spine as a kid. Zero insurance, crippling pain, and doctors that basically said the only thing they could do is give me drugs and wait. Chanced it on a chiropractor. One flip of my neck later and I was instantly fine. Hell of an improvement over "you might need surgery if it doesn't resolve in its own." 99.99% of the time, however, chiropractors are swindlers that peddle useless treatments to the healthy.

Chiropractic is like a box of chocolates, MJ. :)

Your story is typical for those who really benefit from chiropractic, in terms of relief through early intervention. The caveat is: Someone who helps you get well in one visit just lost a patient. Be glad you didn't end up walking into the office of someone someone who thought killing a chicken would fix the subluxation, LOL!

Unlike medicine; there's no standard of care based upon research. Some people really are excellent but they'll always be lumped-in with those talking about garden hoses and so on.

Members don't see this ad.

Do they really teach med students that anecdotes are more valid than clinical research? I doubt it unless you're going to Fruit Loop School of Medicine. How about the fact that all the chiroquacktic techniques are based on false biomechanics. How about the fact that they exclude spinal rehab from their core curriculum but then allow chiroquacks to care for whiplash patients. No thanks.

Is there any reason why would someone go into chiropractic other than being a med school reject?