Choices to Make:)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moose0102

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
Sorry for asking questions:p
I have to make a decision to when I should re-take DAT.
I was going to re-study and go over some extra stuffs right after my final exam in April than take the DAT at the beginning of June.
However, I heard that it takes about 8 weeks just to send my DAT scores.
Will that decrease my chances?
(I know that it does not matter that much but I am an international student so I have a feeling that I need to make everything setted up perfectly lol..)

Also if I do re-take, do I need to send my old DAT score as well?
(Since I took it last September, in that case I would have to pay tons of $$s just to send my old scores lol..)

Thanks and I look forward to everyone's reply!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe it's four weeks to send but it may be a different case for international. What is your current score? Also, you'll be sending in all your DAT scores.

I believe it's four weeks to send but it may be a different case for international. What is your current score? Also, you'll be sending in all your DAT scores.
I have 20AA and 20 TS (19 PAT and RC) with nothing below 17.
But I want to apply to U Penn and since their mean DAT is 21-ish, I kinda have to re-take it..
Also, being international, I heard that I need to at least have 21+ to be competitive enough..:S

Thanks for letting me know!

Hmmmm.... 21+ is their average and you're only one point below... I'd say this, if you have really good ECs and GPA then don't retake. It's not worth the time and the money, but if you have average or below on your ECs or GPA, retake.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmmm.... 21+ is their average and you're only one point below... I'd say this, if you have really good ECs and GPA then don't retake. It's not worth the time and the money, but if you have average or below on your ECs or GPA, retake.
Thanks for your suggestion!
My GPA is 3.6 which is below the average for U Penn... :((
So I guess I will have to re-take..

Thank you!

By the way, when is the best time to retake th DAT of I want to submit the application relatively early enough?? At the end of May??