Choosing a school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MinitorV

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When someone has made a final decision upon a school (after being accepted) do you send in some kind of letter or notification that you will be attending in the fall? I was given a to do list however it was all very basic and could be completed before making a final decision. Just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Usually just sending in your deposit is taken to mean your coming. I did have one school (which didn't require a deposit) ask for a letter stating if you were or were not coming within 14 days of being accepted but that was clearly outlines in the acceptance letter.

If in doubt fire off an email to admissions at the school, they will give you better info than these forums.

When someone has made a final decision upon a school (after being accepted) do you send in some kind of letter or notification that you will be attending in the fall? I was given a to do list however it was all very basic and could be completed before making a final decision. Just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Thanks
If you paid your deposit, your seat is reserved. Unless the school itself wants some other confirmation of you intending to matriculate there, I think simply withdrawing from other schools you hold acceptances at by May 15th is all that is required. You will have to send any other information to the school, such as official transcripts, when requested.