Christian Psych Universities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Danny Michael

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Christian University (GFU) George Fox University in Oregon. I have no person knowledge about the University. As I understand it they combine Bible into the PsyD Program and are fully accredited. Was wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge about the School. Also anything about Rosemeed, Biola (SP?) in Cali. They also offer a PsyD program that is fully accredited.

Members don't see this ad.

I received my undergrad at a small baptist university, but I only looked into one affiliated school which was Fuller out in California. I think you start out by getting your M.Div. and then move on to either a Psy.D of PhD in Clinical depending on what career path you are looking into. If you are interested in that route, I would look into it. They were always very helpful each time I contacted them. I think the web site is www.fuller.edu. Whatever the case may be, their web site is very imformative.

RockTown said:
I received my undergrad at a small baptist university, but I only looked into one affiliated school which was Fuller out in California. I think you start out by getting your M.Div. and then move on to either a Psy.D of PhD in Clinical depending on what career path you are looking into. If you are interested in that route, I would look into it. They were always very helpful each time I contacted them. I think the web site is www.fuller.edu. Whatever the case may be, their web site is very imformative.

Thanks for responding Rock Town.

I am curious where do you attend now or what stage are you in? Pursing PhD or PsyD?

I am finishing my masters work in Dec. I am currently looking at George Fox University, Rosemeed(Biola), Nova Southeastern in FL, and Argasy in Tampa..
I have looked at Fuller, Wheaton in Chicago, and Regent in Va Beach. While I am not familiar with any of these Universities, I seem to want to migrate back toward the west coast. I am currently in Wake Forest NC.

If anyone has attended these Universities your input would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am actually just beginning a master's in Cognition and Neuroscience at a state school. I am going to parlay that into medical school or some type of clinical work (PhD). I am trying to figure it all out, and in the mean time, strengthening my resume.
What are you wanting to do long term, therapy of some sort?

RockTown said:
I am actually just beginning a master's in Cognition and Neuroscience at a state school. I am going to parlay that into medical school or some type of clinical work (PhD). I am trying to figure it all out, and in the mean time, strengthening my resume.
What are you wanting to do long term, therapy of some sort?

Sorry for taking so long to get back with you. Have been out of pocket this week.

To your question, Yes. Hopefully I will aquire an internship with the Navy and go on to work at one of the Big three Hospitals they have.
And long, long term is when I have sufficient experience I would like to open a private practice and nest. Maybe in the northwest of the States.