Christmas 2015 Sucks.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't indulged you in a good Christmas rant in a while.

You really can't get away from it. This **** gets worse and worse every year. I go to Walmart last night because it was the only place open, I **** you not, there is this Muslim lady wearing full on hijab...she's got a freaking Santa hat on top of it. Mother****. Can someone tell me if that's Halal for Christ's sake? If you're going to bend the rules, do something worthwhile like eating a half rack of St Louis Ribs. Don't give in to them and wear Xmas garb. I hope Allah smites you.

Then I go out to eat last night. Little hole in the wall Indian restaurant down the road. I've got Vishnu over in the corner with an many arms as reasons I ****ing hate Christmas and I still can't get away from this damned holiday. There's a little speaker above it in the ceiling. Carol of the Bells starts playing over their system. Thankfully for them they make good chicken, so I'll let it slide, but a casual, understated "go to hell" is appropriate, I think.

I thought Christians were annoying enough, but can't the rest of you religious nutcases bring some solidarity with me? Don't cave to these dinguses.

But I do have things to be grateful for.

I got laid off. Which means that I don't have to drive by that ***** on Butler Pk whose light display literally shuts the road down and makes me 5 minutes late for work every night. So that's good. I still hope he has an electrical fire and his house burns down.

I'm going to this Thai joint in this strip mall in Blue Bell here in a few hours. Its the only place open that isn't a Chinese buffet. Its delicious, but every time I go in there, they are playing this weird, remotely Asian sounding rendition of the Titanic soundtrack. The food is so damn good that I make concessions for the **** music. I sat there eating drunken noodles with earbuds in one time. I'm going to enjoy my erhu-laden rendition of My Heart Will Go On tonight, though. Because at least it isn't Jingle Bells.

At least I still have the good Jewish people. They really are the best. The best. They actually believe in traditions that matter. They are opening their movie theaters and graciously allowing me to watch a Tarantino movie after my nice Thai dinner. My hats off to them.

Oh and the thing I'm the most grateful for? At the stroke of midnight, its going to be 365 days (Woo! Leap year!) until this stupid holiday again. I don't have to listen to everyone's fake cheerfulness, the slavery to capitalism, the ****ty holiday specials on TV, etc, etc.

I hope your Christmas ham gives you trichinosis, your children's stupid presents all break, your uncle Larry gets a DUI, and that you hope to never celebrate another Christmas again. Because **** Christmas. And **** all of you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That article is very poorly written.

And shame on you Mikey for contributing to the war on Christmas. Why can't you let the poor pursicuted Christians have one day a year?
Lol ain't flaming on 1 religion. I hate them all. I like getting paid for holidays. I think they should create more federal holidays so I can binge Netflix.

sgia1j.jpg

iy0bd5.jpg

Merry Thai and movie day to me.

Reactions: 2 users
Do you want to tell us what you really think? :corny: WVU, what are you going to do next?

FTR, I'm Christian myself (Episcopalian) and I'M sick of Christmas. Green and red junk everywhere, crappy music that starts in SEPTEMBER, etc. etc. etc. We're having our Christmas on Sunday, weather and nieces' health (one of them has been sick) permitting. :beat:

Reactions: 1 user
Do you want to tell us what you really think? :corny: WVU, what are you going to do next?

FTR, I'm Christian myself (Episcopalian) and I'M sick of Christmas. Green and red junk everywhere, crappy music that starts in SEPTEMBER, etc. etc. etc. We're having our Christmas on Sunday, weather and nieces' health (one of them has been sick) permitting. :beat:

I have no problem with actual religious observations that don't include me.

If you know where to look, there can be some big Jewish Christmas eve parties. The movie theater I went to was fairly busy and they had already put up a sign listing sold out shows. Some people act so surprised when you tell them you don't celebrate. Also, that you consider it to be one of the most boring days of the year. It is always fun to watch the last minute rush and people freaking out.

On the way to the movie theater, I noticed both McDonalds and Starbucks were opened.

If you know where to look, there can be some big Jewish Christmas eve parties. The movie theater I went to was fairly busy and they had already put up a sign listing sold out shows. Some people act so surprised when you tell them you don't celebrate. Also, that you consider it to be one of the most boring days of the year. It is always fun to watch the last minute rush and people freaking out.

On the way to the movie theater, I noticed both McDonalds and Starbucks were opened.

I overheard the workers talking while I was in line for concessions...at that moment, there were 2 sold out showings of Star Wars, a sold out showing of The Hateful Eight, and 3 other movies thawere 75%+. That joint was FILLED. The movie theater and the Best Buy/Rack parking lot next to it were packed. And they had 2 damned lines open for concessions.

Sorry you got laid off, that sucks. So how was The Hateful Eight?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't understand how liberal Americans can say that we as a nation should be more tolerant of the culture of others while criticizing Islamic women for wearing a hijab. Make up your mind.

I don't understand how liberal Americans can say that we as a nation should be more tolerant of the culture of others while criticizing Islamic women for wearing a hijab. Make up your mind.

Can I think that they are stupid, but have no problem with people doing whatever the hell they want?

WVU, aren't you the one who worked overnights at CVS? If so, is that why you got laid off?

Hope you're getting UE in the meantime.

When my BFF lost his job a while back, he mentioned that there were multiple CVS openings in his area, and pretty much everyone told him that even though he has a wife and 3 teenage children, he was better off with no job than he would be working for CVS. He agreed, and ended up finding a job that was a much better fit in many ways.

I hope your Christmas ham gives you trichinosis, your children's stupid presents all break, your uncle Larry gets a DUI, and that you hope to never celebrate another Christmas again. Because **** Christmas. And **** all of you.

LOL, I shared some whiskey with my uncle Larry before he drove home on Xmas.

OP are you Jewish and in West Virginia

Tell me your story

No. And No. I just like the Jewish people on Christmas. Because they show movies. I like the Chinese and Thai, too. Because they feed me.

My story? In short concise sentences. I'm a guy from West Virginia. My set of parents I lived with smoked crack. I'm fairly certain I wasn't a crack baby. Academics wasn't really stressed. I lived in a single wide for 7 years. My Uncle appeared on Judge Judy once. I think my plan originally was to join the military. I wound up taking the ACT because I liked a girl (17 year old logic). I have no idea why I thought that would help. Got a 32 on ACT. Local community college gave me a 2-year scholarship just because I got a 32 on the ACT. Literally the only reason. Total free ride. My high school GPA was like 2.0. So I go to college at the prestigious West Virginia University at Parkersburg. First week goes by. I hate it. I was seriously considering just quitting and joining the Marines. 9/11 happens. I reason that this probably is not a good idea anymore, so I decide to really start trying as hard as I could. I figure pharmacy had the best effort-to-salary ratio, so I go for that. I am relatively successful. Get into pharmacy school. It sucked. Glad its over. My car exploded one time in a Sam's Club parking lot. I had to live in a shack in Maryland for a couple of months one time. Me and my wife both eventually graduate from pharmacy school. I move to the Philly suburbs. Weird things don't really happen to me anymore outside of the pharmacy. Probably because I'm not around crackheads and don't live in a trailer park. Except for a few months ago when a dude tried to sell me some VHS tapes in a public park. I'm generally happy now.

Them's the highlights.

Reactions: 5 users
No. And No. I just like the Jewish people on Christmas. Because they show movies. I like the Chinese and Thai, too. Because they feed me.

My story? In short concise sentences. I'm a guy from West Virginia. My set of parents I lived with smoked crack. I'm fairly certain I wasn't a crack baby. Academics wasn't really stressed. I lived in a single wide for 7 years. My Uncle appeared on Judge Judy once. I think my plan originally was to join the military. I wound up taking the ACT because I liked a girl (17 year old logic). I have no idea why I thought that would help. Got a 32 on ACT. Local community college gave me a 2-year scholarship just because I got a 32 on the ACT. Literally the only reason. Total free ride. My high school GPA was like 2.0. So I go to college at the prestigious West Virginia University at Parkersburg. First week goes by. I hate it. I was seriously considering just quitting and joining the Marines. 9/11 happens. I reason that this probably is not a good idea anymore, so I decide to really start trying as hard as I could. I figure pharmacy had the best effort-to-salary ratio, so I go for that. I am relatively successful. Get into pharmacy school. It sucked. Glad its over. My car exploded one time in a Sam's Club parking lot. I had to live in a shack in Maryland for a couple of months one time. Me and my wife both eventually graduate from pharmacy school. I move to the Philly suburbs. Weird things don't really happen to me anymore outside of the pharmacy. Probably because I'm not around crackheads and don't live in a trailer park. Except for a few months ago when a dude tried to sell me some VHS tapes in a public park. I'm generally happy now.

Them's the highlights.
My favorite part was when you got locked into said shack and posted a video.

I first heard of hakarl on Andrew Zimmern's show. One wonders who thought of eating something like this in the first place. :barf:

One of my Facebook friends, herself a pharmacist, took a cruise to Greenland and Iceland a few years ago. The buffet included reindeer steaks and whale meat lasagna, and she couldn't bring herself to eat either of those. :hungry:

:hijacked:

I haven't indulged you in a good Christmas rant in a while.

quite entertaining rant! I give it an A (would have been an A+, if only you had figured out a way to work politics into the rant)

As for the Muslim lady, Muslims do accept Jesus as a prophet (just not as the son of God), so I guess that makes Santa hat OK?