Christmas WW Sign Ups & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I really wasn't paying all that good of attention, which I realized when rereading the conversation. It hadn't been days, I just lost track of time because of school- anyone who plays with me often knows I'm really bad at keeping time straight with this game, and frequently imx up what day things happened or what day we're currently on. But whatever, I don't mind being lynched. I'm pretty worthless without my power anyway.
I will definitely be very sad if you are a villager, but I would be the worst WW player if I didn't follow my instincts here that you are lighting up the radar like the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.

Members don't see this ad.

:shrug: It's been pretty well established that I've got a horrible memory and I'm terrible at keeping things straight in WW, and I'm never a wolf, so it's basically always me being a villager and getting confused as to what happened in what PM on what day. dyachei and other people that nitpick frequently erroneously throw me on the chopping block because my story isn't consistent, and 9/10 I'm a villager, I just suck at keeping my story straight because I'm the sort of person that can't even remember what I had for breakfast this morning, let alone keep my info straight from 5 PMs and a thread that I only check in on once a day. Ah well, I suck at WW anyway, gnight people.

:shrug: It's been pretty well established that I've got a horrible memory and I'm terrible at keeping things straight in WW, and I'm never a wolf, so it's basically always me being a villager and getting confused as to what happened in what PM on what day. dyachei and other people that nitpick frequently erroneously throw me on the chopping block because my story isn't consistent, and 9/10 I'm a villager, I just suck at keeping my story straight because I'm the sort of person that can't even remember what I had for breakfast this morning, let alone keep my info straight from 5 PMs and a thread that I only check in on once a day. Ah well, I suck at WW anyway, gnight people.
Why you calling out dyachei? Cuz she hasn't voted yet? I wonder about this seemingly innocent woe is me. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I will definitely be very sad if you are a villager, but I would be the worst WW player if I didn't follow my instincts here that you are lighting up the radar like the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.
DVYlrMp.gif

But here's the deal. I'm the last wolf. Real one, anyway. But we'll get to that in a moment. And quite frankly, I don't care about throwing the game for myself at this point, because I'm kind of a sore loser, and it doesn't look like I stand a snowflake's chance in hell of winning this.
tumblr_nhq8xdzsMd1tkk1j4o2_500.gif

See, Bürgermeister's been sent off the island, but we were doing our damn best to track down his converts, because they were a bigger threat to us than any lame-ass villagers. I don't know how many there are, but we were assured that he could take the North Pole if he had enough converts behind him, and going to Sombertown doesn't seem to have stopped him from being an absolute bastard. We couldn't win without his minions being taken care of, and we were warned not to finish off the villagers before taking down Burgermeister's minions. Best as I can tell, they can't kill, not with a wolf alive anyway. I don't know if they keep their abilities or not after conversion, how many of them there are, or if their role name changes post-conversion. Worse still, our seering abilities were very, very limited, as all we could do was see roll names and check the workshop activity logs, and even those abilities we lost with the demise of Jingle and Jangle.
Coach-Crowley.gif

So kick Burgermeister's ass for me, if you would. I hate being a wolf (probably on account of only having been one three times in like, 25 games- I've kind of got a rage boner for murdering wolves), and I'd like to see the villagers actually pull through if I can't. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
yeah but you specifically named me so I'm allowed to be a little offended.
You're just too clever to handle a person as chronologically handicapped as myself was my point. You're a very good player, and it's hard for a very good player to read a player as bad as me properly.

DVMD is another one that is too clever for her own good- you need to use a little less fine of a comb when you're dealing with my level of fail.

Regardless, can we get on with the lynch, being alive is tiresome.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask before I'm swinging. I told you everything I know off of the top of my head, but I could easily have forgotten something that might help.

You're just too clever to handle a person as chronologically handicapped as myself was my point. You're a very good player, and it's hard for a very good player to read a player as bad as me properly.
I don't think I'm a very good player, actually, but I appreciate that.

Anyway, I don't think it's MJ and will be sticking with swings

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, it would seem that you guys weren't keeping track of votes, as swings received 6 votes earlier today, achieving plurality.
That's kind of a BS thing to do to me after all of this. Like, actually infuriating. I could have probably slid by if you'd closed the lynch, and we were having a good discussion on it.

You have all my wtf and rage for basically murdering me.

Plurality isn't a mechanism you should use when people are actively discussing a lynch, it's more of a mechanism to speed undisputed lynches along.

Plurality isn't a mechanism you should use when people are actively discussing a lynch, it's more of a mechanism to speed undisputed lynches along.
Plurality was the mechanism in place for the entire game. In this game it was meant as a mechanism to encourage discussion and discourage bandwagoning. It is not my fault that people were not paying attention.

I actually disagree with this pretty strongly.

First of all, it is a mechanism to make every single vote actually have meaning. It means people HAVE to give some thought to their votes. wolves and villagers alike can use it to their advantage or detriment. It adds strategy

I actually disagree with this pretty strongly.

First of all, it is a mechanism to make every single vote actually have meaning. It means people HAVE to give some thought to their votes. wolves and villagers alike can use it to their advantage or detriment. It adds strategy
Whatever, I think it's a **** mechanism because it doesn't give time for input from less active players and the like, and all you need is a few bandwagoning noobs and the lynch is over before the less active people can even contribute.

Plus she didn't actually close the lynch, which led to me being outed due to too much poking and prodding. I voted for swings originally because I knew it would cause plurality and probably close out the lynch. Then when the lynch didn't close, I figured WZ was letting it go on till deadline, and did my best to field all of Lupin's questions. If you're closing the lynch at plurality, close it damn it.

Plus she didn't actually close the lynch, which led to me being outed due to too much poking and prodding. I voted for swings originally because I knew it would cause plurality and probably close out the lynch. Then when the lynch didn't close, I figured WZ was letting it go on till deadline, and did my best to field all of Lupin's questions. If you're closing the lynch at plurality, close it damn it.
I was in class at the time. Contrary to popular belief, I don't actually sit on SDN all day.

I don't know how many different ways I can say "lynch closes when plurality is reached so vote carefully."

I was in class at the time. Contrary to popular belief, I don't actually sit on SDN all day.

I don't know how many different ways I can say "lynch closes when plurality is reached so vote carefully."
If you can't be around to close the lynch when plurality takes place, you shouldn't ****ing have a plurality rule to begin with. It screws things up badly, and is a terrible way to mod.

All comments aside, plurality was reached when swings received 6 votes. Lynch closed, results immediately.

You have lynched swings, Tanta Kringle, a wolf who could seer role name and ability

It is now Night 9
Night closes at 8am EST (or 11pm if all actions are in)
There are 10 players in the game

If you can't be around to close the lynch when plurality takes place, you shouldn't ****ing have a plurality rule to begin with. It screws things up badly, and is a terrible way to mod.
there's no need to do this - it's a different way to mod. But i still disagree with you. It is just a different type of strategy.

It was an eventful evening. I don't regret my vote for swings now!

Yeah, I have been gone all day... class and dealing with broken down car.. and having to walk in the freezing temps back from the store. At least I have found the class to be really interesting.

not a big fan of people complaining about mods on the thread.

And that is an understatement.

Keep your complaints in private and show a little respect. WZ doesn't deserve that.

not a big fan of people complaining about mods on the thread.

And that is an understatement.

Keep your complaints in private and show a little respect. WZ doesn't deserve that.
I've already said everything I can. I'm just incredibly pissed at all the time I spent on WW today only to be told, "oops, sorry, lynch was closed forever ago! all that time you spent writing and scheming when you could've been watching lectures and studying was for nothing!" It's basically the worst feeling.

@Mad Jack , if we were to believe you about this burgermeister conversion mechanism.... why haven't we seen any of these converts?
who were the original wolves then?
FWIW - I was concerned about burgermeister's conversion abilities awhile ago, so I tried to build a wall around ksmi a few nights ago, but WZ told me ksmi was dead and I could not build a wall around a dead player.

Ha! So we would've gotten a wolf either way.

Okay. I will just put it out on the thread for people to think about. Swings was unable to look into MJ last night supposedly due to a wall being built around him. However, HTML has been claimed to be the only target for this power. I have asked him a couple questions behind the scenes, and it seems to be uber fishy. We either have one liar in swings, or two liars in a wall builder and MJ. Thoughts?
Or third option - there are 2 liars, MJ & swings, trying to cover for each other!

The residents of Christmas Town felt their numbers dwindling, but they were hopeful. So much seemed to have been going their way in the last few days. Four of the murderers discovered and banished, Mrs. Claus back among them, Santa returned to his former jolly nature after making a good decision for once. In fact, four nights had gone by without a murder of an innocent. Some among them felt this had gotten too easy. Supposedly the Burgermeister had been banished, but was he really gone? Or was he still bringing their friends over to his side even now? Were there others among them that they needed to be concerned about, not murderers, but not innocents either? All of these questions left some of the villagers feeling very uneasy, but one thing was certain. One of the murderers had revealed himself earlier in the day, and it was time to take him out.

Santa, who we know as ZVH, retrieved the Naughty List and prepared to write MJ's name. As he was doing so, Lupin made her way to MJ's house, ready to banish him as soon as she got the signal from Santa that his name was on the list. She knocked on the door, but there was no answer. Instead the door swung open on its own; it had been left ajar. Inside, she found a note on the floor in the middle of the living room.

"We came very close, you know. We were one day from taking over this town. I don't know how it all went so wrong. But you can rest easy now, in your disgusting Christmas cheer. I was the last thing standing between you and victory."

Looking up from the note, she searched the room for him, but all that was left was a puddle on the floor in front of a roaring fire in the fireplace.

Dead is MJ, Snow Miser, a wolf who could start a snowstorm to cancel all night actions one time during the game.

The villagers were apprehensive for a while. Could they really trust that all of these horrible things were behind them? But there was nothing left to fear, and they were free to begin making their Christmas preparations again.

Villagers win!

Congratulations to our 9 survivors:
@ZooVetHopeful - Santa Claus - assassin
@lhmhtd - Mrs. Claus - affiliation seer
@Lupin21 - Karen - vanillager; Santa's Helper
@StartingoverVet - Frosty the Snowman - one day resurrection ability with Hinkle's magic hat (which he never received)
@dyachei - Kris Kringle - tie-breaker (vote counted as 1.5)
@DVMDream - Rudolph - Workshop access
@Jilary - Ignatius Thistlewhite - Workshop access
@hedgiehog - Heat Miser - lynch cancellation
@allieh8607 - The Kringle Bros. - temporary item creation

Last edited:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shout out to Lupin and Zvh, who most definitely are a big part of the win. :)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shout out to Lupin and Zvh, who most definitely are a big part of the win. :)
truth.

The Hedgie-ZVH-Lupin and me conga line was pretty helpful. Lupin was on fire this game.

Thanks to WZ for the game. Nice.

And second time recently i made it to the end of a villager win game alive. Nice not to be killed/converted these days!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey wolves why didn't you kill ZVH early in the game when she outed herself to our entire group including Zen? Seemed an obvious target.

Also WZ, what was the deal with KSMI. You implied something more about her death but I never saw anything?

Thanks everyone - especially HTML, Lupin and SOV. I didn't think I was being effective this game. HTMLs resurrection turned that around. Thanks to whoever did that (did we ever find out how that happened?) And my apologies to the entire village for my arbitrary banishment of HTML earlier in the game - serious Noob error. Go Villagers!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey wolves why didn't you kill ZVH early in the game when she outed herself to our entire group including Zen? Seemed an obvious target.

Also WZ, what was the deal with KSMI. You implied something more about her death but I never saw anything?
She could continue strategizing on the thread after death, nothing more than that