CHSU California Health Science University Inaugural Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fjo2108

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone been accepted yet to CHSU?

Members don't see this ad.

i've been accepted but haven't made my final decision of the school.

smallsun which other schools have you gotten accepted to?

Members don't see this ad :)
smallsun which other schools have you gotten accepted to?
All other schools are still in interview process. UH Hilo second interview next Monday. Loma Linda next Wednesday. St. John Fisher at the end of March.

Second interview for Hilo? Wow they do that? Lol I have an interview in Maine for University of New England in April. If I get it then great I'm moving to main. If not then I'm with chsu.

me too, I've been accepted to CHSU. Already put down the deposit

me too, I've been accepted to CHSU. Already put down the deposit
I have an interview with CHSU on Friday. What was the interview like? Was it one on one or a group interview? Any tips?

i've been accepted but haven't made my final decision of the school.
I have an interview with CHSU on Friday. What was the interview like? Was it one on one or a group interview? Any tips?

You'll be interviewed by two PharmD/professors. It's for 30 minutes. They take turns asking questions. Total 11 questions. Definitely be yourself. Stay calm. If you finish early no worries they will ask you random questions about you. Get ready for situational questions and current events. The typical 'why our school?' Question. Prep your answers the day before just so that your not stuck answering questions. So that you always have something ready to say. Just be prepared. :)

You'll be interviewed by two PharmD/professors. It's for 30 minutes. They take turns asking questions. Total 11 questions. Definitely be yourself. Stay calm. If you finish early no worries they will ask you random questions about you. Get ready for situational questions and current events. The typical 'why our school?' Question. Prep your answers the day before just so that your not stuck answering questions. So that you always have something ready to say. Just be prepared. :)
Thank you! Have you been accepted into CHSU? If so, are you planning on going?

Thank you! Have you been accepted into CHSU? If so, are you planning on going?

I have been accepted but I have another interview in April. I did pay the deposit already but I'm not sure yet.

Are you staying with chsu? Or are you still deciding?
I am on wait listed at northstate and KGI but I am deciding to go to chsu even if I get accepted to other schools. I canceled my interview with Touro NY; 2 yrs rotating sound very appeal to me at first but it is too far from home and the life style is too high.
How many interview did you have so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am on wait listed at northstate and KGI but I am deciding to go to chsu even if I get accepted to other schools. I canceled my interview with Touro NY; 2 yrs rotating sound very appeal to me at first but it is too far from home and the life style is too high.
How many interview did you have so far?
I only have one more interview. So I'll make my decision in mid April.

I have been accepted to CHSU but haven't made the decision yet ... not 100% sure on it

I got interviewed last Friday by this school, how hard to get accepted? and how the finical aid process is going

Acceptance was not hard compared to other schools I interviewed at but unfortunately they are not on fafsa. For aid, they have a private lender available but applications for it doesn't start til May or June? This is from what I remember when I interviewed.

Acceptance was not hard compared to other schools I interviewed at but unfortunately they are not on fafsa. For aid, they have a private lender available but applications for it doesn't start til May or June? This is from what I remember when I interviewed.

Did you get accepted? Are you planning to attend?

I can't believe you guys are willing to gamble 200-300k away on attending this school.

Honestly, you all should really reconsider.

Student loans are waived in case the school closed,I know it kinda risky but let us think logically , the board will not allow of them to start unless they are sure that school will ssucess, and will follow upfrequently to be sure they are on the right track. beside these dean he is the founder of north state university and some of the staff too came from there.

So you can't get fafsa?

no fafsa, and

Student loans are waived in case the school closed,I know it kinda risky but let us think logically , the board will not allow of them to start unless they are sure that school will ssucess, and will follow upfrequently to be sure they are on the right track. beside these dean he is the founder of north state university and some of the staff too came from there.

i didnt know that loans would be waived if the school closes. good to know. thanks!

no fafsa, and

i didnt know that loans would be acceptance the school closes. good to know. thanks!
There are 3 reasons can waive student loans .Death, disability, and school closed, I recieved the acceptance email on Tuesday, I am thinking about Joining them, I have to 4/29 to decid.

Can someone share the questions they were asked during their interview? I would really appreciate it!

Can someone share the questions they were asked during their interview? I would really appreciate it!

theyre still holding interviews?
and honestly i already forgot them :(
but i know their questions focused more on pharmacy, like where would pharmacy be in 10 years.

theyre still holding interviews?
and honestly i already forgot them :(
but i know their questions focused more on pharmacy, like where would pharmacy be in 10 years.

Thanks fjo2108! :)

Were you accepted?

I have yet to take Anatomy and Physiology (plan on taking it this summer). However, that leaves me with Microbiology that I haven't taken. Is there any chance they will take me if I don't have one class taken? Should I just not apply? Please help.

I have yet to take Anatomy and Physiology (plan on taking it this summer). However, that leaves me with Microbiology that I haven't taken. Is there any chance they will take me if I don't have one class taken? Should I just not apply? Please help.

give the school a call and find out :)

Anyone planning going to CHSU, I am going there.

Northstate? You should read this thread about a pending lawsuit against the school.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/lawsuit-against-california-northstate-cp.915119/

For an example of a school that was closed down, please follow this thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/p1-hicp-students.172613/

Rooms for Rent for CHSU students: Within 2 miles of school
4 beds/2baths : 1840 sq ft.
Lot size: 7,500 sq ft
3 Garages, Washer/Dryer, Refrigerator, Microwave

Rent per room: $550 (only two rooms are available for occupancy, owner will occupy master bedroom).

One room will be reserved for printer/scanner/computer.

Utilities Included.

Miscellaneous: No Pets, No Smoking, quiet neighborhood. Updated laminate flooring, new interior paint.

I'm a pharmacist in Fresno, if you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Attachments

• clovisimage.png
    clovisimage.png
    352.5 KB · Views: 70
  • clovisimage2.png
    clovisimage2.png
    336.7 KB · Views: 59
  • livingroomdining.JPG
    livingroomdining.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 59
  • kitchen.JPG
    kitchen.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 52
  • room.JPG
    room.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Hi all! Which loans did you decide to go through? Salliemae? or a bank? Advice needed. Thank you!

Hello everyone! For those that decided to attend CHSU, can you tell me how your experience has been? I have an interview with them in 2 weeks. Anything is greatly appreciated! Thank you