Civilian contract jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

odieoh

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How would I go about finding civilian contract work? I hear these are available, and I would love to do a 2 year contract stint in Europe if possible. How do I go about finding where there are openings? I am an ophthalmologist if that's relevant.

Members don't see this ad.

How would I go about finding civilian contract work? I hear these are available, and I would love to do a 2 year contract stint in Europe if possible. How do I go about finding where there are openings? I am an ophthalmologist if that's relevant.

usajobs.gov. Also contact the facility directly.

usajobs.gov. Also contact the facility directly.

The best way to do this is to sit outside the gate wearing a tattered lab coat and holding a cardboard sign saying "Will Do Fundoscopic Exams for Food".

Members don't see this ad :)
The best way to do this is to sit outside the gate wearing a tattered lab coat and holding a cardboard sign saying "Will Do Fundoscopic Exams for Food".

That's what I've been doing but so far no luck :D

That's what I've been doing but so far no luck :D

Do you have a dog? People will be more likely to help if you have a decent-sized (i.e., no poodle) dog next to you gazing soulfully off into their eyes as they pass by. Basset hounds are ideal.