Clarification of MCAT/AMCAS process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bookfreak89

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question concerning MCAT scores and AMCAS verification/submission. Right now, I am scheduled to take the MCAT on May 1. Due to my utter stupidity of scheduling important events, I may need to change my test date to May 22. Now I know that the AMCAS opens around May 1 and you can submit it around June 1-3 for verification. Here's my question, do you need you MCAT scores in order to be verified in early June? Also, the AMCAS primary submission to schools is on June 23 (or so) for everyone regardless of when you were verified? So if my scores were released on June 22, I would still be in a good position to submit early correct?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I just want to make sure of this fact before I change my MCAT date. :)

Members don't see this ad.

correct. you can submit in june without your scores and you'll probably be verified in a week or so. even if you didn't get your scores back before amcas forward the application to your schools, once the scores were released they would be directly forwarded to your schools and you'd still be complete very, very early.